how would you like....(earforce content)

we're just playing with the idea of having a 1 channel low power recording version of my sig amp.
it'd have the same tone as the big one but a 25W poweramp and only one channel.
that would keep the costs really low (thinking about 6505 range).
It would still be PTP handwired made in Germany from only the highest quality materials of course.

so essentially it would be a low watt 1ch model of my sig amp, no FX loop, no footswitch, just straight and pure tone....what would you guys think of such an amp?

also, atm I'm favoring a full-size chassis for such an amp...actually not liking the looks of a tiny head on a 4x12, anyone disagree?

EDIT: in case you don't kow what amp I'm talking about...here's the model it'll be based on:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...favorite-amp-earforce.html?highlight=earforce

i like the idea wery much, especialy if the price could be lower than a new 6505...

If you can get the price around $500 in your country that would be a deal.

that's definitely not gonna happen, the parts alone are quite a bit more expensive.
6505 are about 1100€ over here.

I know, many of you are using impulses, so a line out and a poweramp that can be muted/built in dummy load so no cab needs to be connected could be a good idea.
There'll NEVER be a "frequency corrected"lineout /speaker simulation though.
nothing replaces a mic in front of a good cab for the highest quality recording...and certainly no built in speaker simulation. so I'd never accept such an abomination in a high end amp like that ;)
Line out would be a different thing though

Oh I totally agree, never ever do speaker sim. I am just thinking more from the "studio" perspective of being able to run trough different power amp configs and get even more bang for the buck out of it!

Parts are more then $500 eh ... hmmm

Well if the Earforce one is going for around $1200 I can see the "mini" version in the $800 range. So even thats not so bad. I was just thinking more so if you wanted to be competitive with the other amps on the market in that wattage range.

Oh I totally agree, never ever do speaker sim. I am just thinking more from the "studio" perspective of being able to run trough different power amp configs and get even more bang for the buck out of it!

Parts are more then $500 eh ... hmmm

Well if the Earforce one is going for around $1200 I can see the "mini" version in the $800 range. So even thats not so bad. I was just thinking more so if you wanted to be competitive with the other amps on the market in that wattage range.

wasn't the "on" 1300€?
not sure...but it'd definitely be cheaper than the "one".
yeah, post-preamp line out it cool.

Just ask him to build a lineout into your amp ....... silent recording at home = awesome.....

No news so far as they're trying to keep up with all the "two" orders atm.
But it's still being worked on.
Bear in mind that the kt88 don't really break up anyways, the 50 watt version sounds awesome at bedroom levels.
The real difference between loud and sOft volume recordings does not come from the amp (that's at least the case with modern day amps) but from the speaker saturating, compressing and breaking up

Great to hear that the EF works good a bedroom levels :)

Made different experiences regarding that topic. With the Dual Rec I had to drive my LoadBox really hard and crank the volumes to get a decent sound. On amps like the Steve Morse or the JVM I did not notice a large change in sound when turning them up (ignoring the speaker part here).

Your clips really convinced me. Think it will not take long until I order an EF TWO :lol:

cool, you won't regret it!
yeah, there really is a difference between the amps of course, really depends on the powertubes as well, I'm using KT88 cause I want my poweramp to stay clean

Also important for me to have a good amount of headroom in the poweramp. But I don't think it does matter at the volumes I'm playing at :lol:

Anyway - you're videos sounded so awesome, I want exactly your configuration :worship:

yeah, gonna do some testing there, definitely no el84. single 6L6 wouldn't work (push-pull)

I'd test 6v6 ...the same tone (or 99% the same) as the big brother is a MUST for this to happen, and it'll only happen (if at all) if that can be guaranteed. I loath compromises

A suggestion I was about to make. Some buds on the Randall forums have tested 6V6s with high gain and come to the conclusion that it is a VASTLY superior low-wattage tube for metal.

EL84s are great for hair metal and rock, but the 6V6 is the low wattage death metaller's dream power tube.