http://70000tons.com info?

^ That's a good thing because I had heard rumors quite some time ago that the organizers were concerned that there wasn't enough interest in the event to run it beyond the first year.
From all of the positive reviews that have come from this cruise, I think there will be a lot more interested (and perhaps a lot more saving up) than there was previously.

Do you know how close to capacity the cruise was? I know the cheaper cabins sold pretty fast, but I looked a few months before the cruise and it seemed that the more expensive ones were a bit of a tough sell.

^ That's a good thing because I had heard rumors quite some time ago that the organizers were concerned that there wasn't enough interest in the event to run it beyond the first year.
From all of the positive reviews that have come from this cruise, I think there will be a lot more interested (and perhaps a lot more saving up) than there was previously.

Do you know how close to capacity the cruise was? I know the cheaper cabins sold pretty fast, but I looked a few months before the cruise and it seemed that the more expensive ones were a bit of a tough sell.

I'm guessing 70-80% max, I'm sure the ticket mark-up covered that deficiency, I would think the 2nd year would be more risky for organizers as many of those who attended first time around won't be able to do so again 12 months later, Gnoff being one example ;) and me being the second, that is unless the line up was killer

I wonder how much more risky it would be though...
Just speaking to friends and reading forums, there are a lot of people who are even more interested in going now that they've seen pictures, videos and stories from the cruise that just happened. The first event being such a success is probably a good promotional tool. I think some people will be making a conscious effort now to save up for the next one. There were quite a few people who would have liked to go but couldn't get the funds together in time. But that's just speculation on my part. :loco:
It would be nice if the tickets were a little bit cheaper though considering the flights to get there in the first place are never cheap.

I think some people will be making a conscious effort now to save up for the next one. There were quite a few people who would have liked to go but couldn't get the funds together in time. But that's just speculation on my part. :loco:
It would be nice if the tickets were a little bit cheaper though considering the flights to get there in the first place are never cheap.

as I see it, majority of those who couldn't go last last year won't go next year, those that have gone this year (me) or particularly people from Europe/Japan/Australia are not likely to attend it annually due to cost/time off, etc.

regular cruise of the same type costs roughly $400-$500 dollars as compared to $1000 we had to pay, don't see how it can go lower if the quantity/quality of bands is to remain equivalent

I do hope this becomes repeating event, doesn't have to be every year as long as it happens again, would love to do it again sometime in the future

Copied from the official site:

The World's Biggest Floating Heavy Metal Festival

January 23 - 27, 2012

Miami, FL - George Town, Cayman Islands - Miami, FL

Sailors... Get ready to welcome the first artists!

gnoff said:
First 7 of 40 bands now up on the home page.

Amon not one of them, but one can home they will be among the next 33 :)

Doubtful that AA will be there this year, I've heard from several people including the cruise people themselves that they are going to try not to have repeat bands 2 years in a row. :( Bummer since I could't go on the maiden voyage, but I have my cabin booked for 2012! I'm sure there will be a lot of awesome bands this time around too, I'm already super pumped just for Moonsorrow.

Are you going again in 2012 Gnoff? Saw you over on the 70000 tons forums -- I'm kvanderwyk over there. :)