http://70000tons.com info?

arturogomez

golpear la cabeza
Jan 1, 2010
Mexico
Hello,

Does anyone have info on when this will start on sale? What other bands are playing?

I would like to going but I will to save money. I register but don't know. I have never heard metal festival on a boat.

Please email me.

Amon Amarth RULES!

sorry my English.
art

Hello,

Does anyone have info on when this will start on sale? What other bands are playing?

I would like to going but I will to save money. I register but don't know. I have never heard metal festival on a boat.

Please email me.

Amon Amarth RULES!

sorry my English.
art

Never even heard of it until this post. I'm registered now http://www.70000tons.com/ and hope AA will be there. We (wife & I) have never been to a cruise before nor really have desire to go to one but this one is definitelly an exception. Looking forward to it.

There's so gonna be some drunk metalheads who'll eventually fall overboard.

Anyway, thats all pretty weird to me.

There's so gonna be some drunk metalheads who'll eventually fall overboard.

Anyway, thats all pretty weird to me.

Not really, there's rock cruises

Sweden+Rock+Cruise+srf.jpg

I just never heard of one doing the Caribbean.

This sounds like so much fun, but that is REALLY expensive for a cruise like that. By comparison the same 4 night cruise is $459 per person for a SUITE, $199 per person for an inside cabin. I don't mind paying more for the bands, but that is more then double. We (hubby and I) are going to wait to see if the price doesn't come down some.

This sounds like so much fun, but that is REALLY expensive for a cruise like that. By comparison the same 4 night cruise is $459 per person for a SUITE, $199 per person for an inside cabin. I don't mind paying more for the bands, but that is more then double. We (hubby and I) are going to wait to see if the price doesn't come down some.

The price for interior 4-bed cabin probably at the lowest level in the back is at $666. Approximately $200 more than the very same cruise my parents went on couple months ago. They do mention 10% discount for early booking. It's one of its type in this part of the world or actually ever as it's 4 days long. Hard to tell what will come off it as going by history of festivals in US they're up for an uphill battle in organizing an event for this type of music and at that price. I sincerelly wish the organizer the sucess as otherwise somebody is going to loose their ass on it.

I am making my reservation as it's one in a lifetime opportunity. Think about it and start saving your pennies. $3-4 USD a day will get you there next year. So no excuses please.

^lol well 3 or 4 USD is a hell of a lot more than I make in a day right now XD

I should see if I can do a job shadowing thing with a mechanic on a cruise like that - since I'd just be a cadet I would probably be able to get some free time to see some shows :)

Sounds like alot of fun...but yeah knowing me i would be the drunk fuck that falls off the boat and since i dont swim well...yall will have to tell me bout it :)

Just read on metalSucks.net that there's going to be a cruise in January of 2011 going under the name "70,000 Tons of metal". It's a 4 day cruise from Miami, with port stops in Miami and Cozumel. So what? They're supposed to get 40 metal bands to play over the trip. Only seven are confirmed, but one of those bands is Amon Amarth.

Yeah, Amon Amarth. I think this is the closest I'll ever get to my dream of hearing these guys jamming out in Scandanavia on a longboat while they play, so I think I'll be going.

Discuss.

Hard to tell what will come off it as going by history of festivals in US they're up for an uphill battle in organizing an event for this type of music and at that price.

Was thinking the same, especially after seeing the huge lack of enthusiasm for the Heathen crusade.
Here, you add cruise price, plus people having to fly down, pay to get a passport, and probably outrageous beer price on the ship.
This can quickly turn into a 1400-2000$ trip depending of where you fly in from.

Was thinking the same, especially after seeing the huge lack of enthusiasm for the Heathen crusade.
Here, you add cruise price, plus people having to fly down, pay to get a passport, and probably outrageous beer price on the ship.
This can quickly turn into a 1400-2000$ trip depending of where you fly in from.

Typically, beer costs around $4 USD on the ship and I get the feeling that this will be quite an international mix of people attending.

Isn't this whole thing being organized/promoted by same folks as those organizing big festivals in Europe?

I probably wouldn't get trashed while here, with 40 bands playing in 4 days, I'll want to get my money out of the trip. I got smashed at the Metallica concert in October, and can't remember the show, something I really regret now. not to say I won't drink, but my tab will probably end up under $100. even at $4 a drink, thats still like 6 drinks a night, which is more than enough for most people. Damned if I won't be blitzed for one of those Amon Amarth shows though!