Hum, you would mix my song?

Oct 27, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Hi,

I just saw a thread where people were actually mixing one guy's song for pratice, so I would like to know if some people would be interested to mix one of my song, I never thought that people would actually do that for free o_O

If yes, in which format should I upload the tracks? I have 2 electric guitar DI, 2 acoustic, 1 vocals, 1 back vocals, 1 bass, 2 strings, 1 piano, and the drum is a midi file ( no real drums, unfortunately).

EDIT: http://www.filefactory.com/file/6879ad/n/LOST_FOREVER_zip

The link was dead so I reuploaded it if some of you are interessed to mix it for practice.

Here's the drum map:

E2: : Crash cymbal 3 ( or splash or chinese, well a cymbal)
Gsharp2: Crash cymbal 1
Dsharp2: Ride cymbal 1
Csharp2: Crash cymbal 2
Asharp1: Hihat
E1 : Snare
Dsharp1: Snare roll
C1 : Kick
B1 : Tom
A1 : Tom
G1 : Tom
F2 : Ride cymbal 2( or bell of ride cymbal 1)

Guitars and bass d.i. were recorded withmy toneport, drums are a midi file, strings are miroslav string refills and m-tron, piano is reason piano refill, vocals were recorded with a AKG C12 at the studio of my school.

And my album is now available via paypal on my myspace: www.myspace.com/handsofdespair

Thanks!
Max

Ok so here is a 180 mo zip file with all the tracks:

LOST FOREVER.zip of size 180.979 MB
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a526fc/n/LOST_FOREVER_zip

The guitars and the bass were recorded through my toneport as a D.I. Vocals were recorded in a studio. Keys are various vst.

I did a mix of the song but I am not really satisfied with it, you can hear it at my myspace page www.myspace.com/handsofdespair.

If somebody does a nice mix I would replace the mix on myspace and credit him on my page if he wish.

Thanks!

The tempo is 78 for the first half of the song, then 72 after the frst chorus. If the audio starts at bar 5, then the tempo switch to 72 at bar 65.

Here's the tempo track if the audio starts at bar 5 :http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=TEMPO_TRACK.smt

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=601208&songID=6693615

First mix. Pretty rough. First time using Revalver (don't have a re-amp box) so I'm just getting to grips with it.
I could probably figure out some way of re-amping using my current interface, but my friend has my speaker cable at the minute. I'll get it back off him tomorrow probably and have a crack at re-amping.

Those drums were a pain in the ass. Having to re-velocity ALL of it. Grr. The snare drum on my AD preset only really opens up when you crank the velocity up, and so do the kick drums, so I ended up just re-velocitying it all.
Not too keen on the sound of them yet. Probably gonna re-do the drum sound.

Vocals were enjoyable to mix, and not hard or anything well recorded 'n all. The panned stuff came from just wanting to over-produce some shit. Think it turned out pretty cool.
Nice vox too. Reminds me of the guy from The Faceless.

Nice song too :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=601208&songID=6693615

First mix. Pretty rough. First time using Revalver (don't have a re-amp box) so I'm just getting to grips with it.
I could probably figure out some way of re-amping using my current interface, but my friend has my speaker cable at the minute. I'll get it back off him tomorrow probably and have a crack at re-amping.

Those drums were a pain in the ass. Having to re-velocity ALL of it. Grr. The snare drum on my AD preset only really opens up when you crank the velocity up, and so do the kick drums, so I ended up just re-velocitying it all.
Not too keen on the sound of them yet. Probably gonna re-do the drum sound.

Vocals were enjoyable to mix, and not hard or anything well recorded 'n all. The panned stuff came from just wanting to over-produce some shit. Think it turned out pretty cool.
Nice vox too. Reminds me of the guy from The Faceless.

Nice song too :D

I really liked it! :D. Especially the sound of the guitars and vocals

The only thing strange is that the vocals are like 1 bar too soon, and some keys too...Maybe because of the delay? Because if I insert the tracks in cubase they fit normally...

I really liked it! :D. Especially the sound of the guitars and vocals

The only thing strange is that the vocals are like 1 bar too soon, and some keys too...Maybe because of the delay? Because if I insert the tracks in cubase they fit normally...

yeah i had some confusion with stuff, everything apart from the drums started like half a bar late or something. So I got quite confused. I'll fix it later.
And yeah the vocals were really fun to mix. Well recorded, solidly in time, just a couple of lines I tightened up. I'm fairly tight with my vox, but usually I have to spend a fair bit tightening shit up.
Nice sounding vox too, like I said before, reminds me of the guy from The Faceless, one of my favourite vocalists at the minute.
And the panning shit I thought would sound really cool, so I just rolled with it. I thought the vox sounded good enough already, but I just tried it and I thought it sounded awesome.

And I'm gonna re-do the guitar tone. I'm not happy with it yet. Not br00talz enough, too fizzy, but that's amp modelling for ya I spose. I'll give re-amping a go when I've got my speaker cable back. This has pretty much re-affirmed my belief that amp modelling is no replacement for a real miced up amp.
I get much better miced up sounds than I am through revalver, and I think part of that is the physicality of micing stuff up. So I'll have a crack at that as soon as I can.