Tracks for a Mix

Hey thanks Guys. For his toms and most toms I do I use Metric Halos channel strip, and a pinch of Altiverb! I automate altiverb on the last tom hits to give them a BIG sound.

Fun to mix, very industrial programming.

Kenny

First I would like to thank everyone for their effforts, much appreicated, keep them coming..

yeah im working hard on mixing it now.....though i think its gonna take awhile because i would like to do vocals over it......I might cut some of the stuff out a little.....i think you went overboard on some stuff as far as the extra sound stuff.....but let you see when im done......looking forward to it
Very Interesting..looking forward to hear this

Here's a try at your tune.
Nice mix, and great work with the Tom tones, the overall mix sounds warm..I myself hear a couple of snare hits mistriggered
You missed the last half of the tune..
i have so much to learn, your mix is really impressive, it's way more warm than mine.
Nice job thanks
Ok here is my mix finally

Here

Kenny really enjoyed your mix, but is there some false triggering in the snare or do i hear some noises? :)

Nice job with the mix, what do you have on the bass, I like it..did you use 2 tracks or 1..what plug in did you use at the section from the intro into heavy guitar parts...measure 18-19 ( bass& strings pizzacato alone)

Nice job with the mix, what do you have on the bass, I like it..did you use 2 tracks or 1..what plug in did you use at the section from the intro into heavy guitar parts...measure 18-19 ( bass& strings pizzacato alone)

Thanks!

I used 2 tracks. I did them with ikmultimedia ampeg, the low track is mixed under the bassdrum boosted at 60hz and cutted off from about 170hz i can check it later when i'm at home. And no cabinet modelling in the low bass. The high bass has the ampeg overdrive pedal(just a littlebit) and ampeg cab impulse. Low end cutted off from 400hz.

Measure 18-19, nothing special just right kind of eq(waves), cutted the lowmid mud off etc and littlebit widening with waves doubler2, and the guitar parts littlebit later has hard delay on them :)

Thanks!

I used 2 tracks. I did them with ikmultimedia ampeg, the low track is mixed under the bassdrum boosted at 60hz and cutted off from about 170hz i can check it later when i'm at home. And no cabinet modelling in the low bass. The high bass has the ampeg overdrive pedal(just a littlebit) and ampeg cab impulse. Low end cutted off from 400hz.

Measure 18-19, nothing special just right kind of eq(waves), cutted the lowmid mud off etc and littlebit widening with waves doubler2, and the guitar parts littlebit later has hard delay on them :)

Thanks for the info and your perspective on the mix...nice job

Why do all the good sounding plugins have to be so CPU intensive :( Had to freeze 7 tracks to make the mix.

Here is the first version, a really rough cut with no automation what so ever. I mixed it mainly with my ultra-cheap headphones and after I listened it with my monitors, I think it doesn't have enough clarity and separation. For example the drums have maybe a little too much distortion on them, the hihat doesn't sound quite natural as other parts and if I would've done some more automation, I could've fixed a lot of the cluttering.

FYI: I used only freeware plugins

http://www.ahjteam.com/upload/dead_version1.mp3

Why do all the good sounding plugins have to be so CPU intensive :( Had to freeze 7 tracks to make the mix.

Here is the first version, a really rough cut with no automation what so ever. I mixed it mainly with my ultra-cheap headphones and after I listened it with my monitors, I think it doesn't have enough clarity and separation. For example the drums have maybe a little too much distortion on them, the hihat doesn't sound quite natural as other parts and if I would've done some more automation, I could've fixed a lot of the cluttering.

FYI: I used only freeware plugins

http://www.ahjteam.com/upload/dead_version1.mp3

Dude, thanks for your try with this tune,,,,A lot of reverb