Post-rock mixing practice anyone?

I used reaper to export as 24-bit, not 32-bit. Wasn't a problem for me, but thought I'd let people know!

:)

thanks.. tracks look like they'll be fun to make something with.

Oh ok. Sorry, this is the first project I've rendered files down for mixing help, so I'm new at it. :rofl:

I also forgot to mention to everyone else giving this a try...
Please, by all means, feel free to be as creative as you want with this. Meaning if you want to add keys/synths/piano to it, new bass line, guitar lines, other cool effects like with an e-bow, etc. feel free to do that as well. I'm excited to hear what comes of this! :popcorn:

Has anyone had a chance to work on this over the weekend? Sorry for my lack of patience, but I feel like a kid on xmas morning. :D I'm excited to hear what y'all can do.

I tryed to import them into cubase, bur for some reason I could not get the tracks to line up at all (mostly the drums with everything else) :s

Maybe try adjusting the bpm to 110. For some reason Reaper keeps re-adjusting the bpm between 120bpm and 110bpm) on me when I saved the project as a new one to render files down. Not sure why, but maybe that'st he problem? I know the ezdrummer midi tracks were at 1/2x as well.
Is there anything you would recommend I do on my end to help get you the info you need? I can re-render them w/ whatever settings u need.

@Williamn... another question for you: is it just the midi drum track that isn't lining up? What about the drum stem render? I'm curious to know if it's just a midi velocity/tempo problem trying to line it up with the guitar/bass stems, or if everything is off (including stem files). I don't know what the hell I'm doing, so any help or guidance would be great. :lol:

I have not tried the drum wav.
it seemed like the tempo you provided is wrong as the audio tracks line up together.. I think.

Anyone else have tried it yet ?

I have not tried the drum wav.
it seemed like the tempo you provided is wrong as the audio tracks line up together.. I think.

Anyone else have tried it yet ?

Well, I know for certain the tempo is set at either 110 or 120 but I will check later. And the midi is programmed at 1/2 the speed so about 60 or 55bpm.

I used the original tracks, only used a bit of compression, delays and reverbs on the drums, then some limiting (I even think that i've limited too much)... the drums provided are not stereo.
I think it sounds pretty cool.

Also the music is in 6/8 and not really 120 bpm, but its close to it...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7629544/post-rockmp3.mp3

I used the original tracks, only used a bit of compression, delays and reverbs on the drums, then some limiting (I even think that i've limited too much)... the drums provided are not stereo.

Cool man, I will take a listen tonight when I get home from work. Thanks!

Sounds good man! I'm digging all the reverb and delays on the drums. The few beats from about :41-:43 I think shouldn't be there and really take away from the feel of the song and the uber fakeness of the drums. lol. But I know that's not your fault... just things I'm noticing and realizing I need to get better at programming. But you did a nice job!

What EQ and stuff did you do to the guitar and bass tracks? The annoying fizz and hiss my pod etched on the track doesn't seem as apparent when the guitars are fading out. At least, that's the way it seems to me at the moment. Of course I have an ear infection so lots of stuff I can't hear that great atm anyways. lol

I just dumped the guitars and bass tracks there... did nothing to them as they already sounded very good to me for this genre...

I just dumped the guitars and bass tracks there... did nothing to them as they already sounded very good to me for this genre...

Cool thanks man!

I really like the drums, is that a new snare and kick? The only samples I had were Sneap kick/snare samples, and I think they were a bit too metal for this type of music. lol. So whatever you did it fits this music very well.

Do you guys think you could make it so the rhythm guitars fade out at the :37-:38 mark instead of just dropping off? Maybe let them fade out and then possibly just have a measure building up to the lead guitars? Idk how that would sound, guess I could have tried that on my end. :loco:
Other than that minor detail I love what you guys did! They are both different but nice. Thanks! :)

@Williamn... forgot to ask... what did you do to the track overall? Since I'm trying to learn and get better, if you don't mind letting me know what EQ and mixing stuff you did that would be awesome! The guitars sound heavier or more distorted in parts, so just wondering what you did to adjust stuff. Thanks!