Humbled and Honored In Phoenix

ronnie ward said:
Hey everyone, just wanted to comment on what an incredible show the Maidens put on at Cooperstown this past Saturday night in Phoenix. My band, KraiseD was honored to have the opportunity to open for the Maidens and was blown away by the talent, energy and professionalism displayed by these 5 rocking ladies of metal. The crowd was great, everyone was screaming the entire set and I woke up Sunday with no voice!:headbang: Jaws were dropped (including mine) and all around me all I heard were comments such as "Unbelieveable", "Better than Maiden themselves" (blaspheme, i know), "No way!", "Amazing!", "Oh My God", etc... plus many expected comments on the physical appearance of the ladies...

The setlist was well thought out and couldnt have been better, its obvious the Maidens are TRUE Maiden fans from way back and understand the material through and through. I cant remember the entire setlist but from what I remember (not in order):

Fligt Of Icarus, Die With Your Boots On, Remember Tomorrow, HBTN, Murders In The Rue Morgue, Wrathchild, Phantom Of The Opera, Losfer Words, The Trooper, Ides of March/Killers, NumberOTB, Revelations, Run To The Hills, Fear Of The Dark, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Wasted Years, Children Of The Damned, The Prisoner, Purgatory OR Transylvania (get those 2 confused).

I could be forgetting something, it was a long crazy night. We got some decent photos of the show from stage right which I'll post later if its cool with the band. In closing, I'll say the Maidens made a BUNCH of new friends/fans including me and KraiseD and my buddy Fritz from 22RED who talked Linda into getting a cool pic with him. (Im jealous) :) Looking forward to the opportunity to see the Maidens again or better yet, share the stage again.

Hoping we did a decent job opening for you guys!

Ronnie "Psych" Ward

Was trying to remember all of the songs too, you forgot "Somewhere in Time".

DRZ said:
Sara does not play with MOR any longer, but she and Linda play in an all female tribute to all eras of Ozzy! You can check that project out at www.thelittledolls.com and can hear them at www.myspace.com/thelittledolls in the jukebox.

Also, Aja does session work and jingles most days of the week when the Maidens aren't playing or rehearsing, and has a solo cd out called "Modern Babylon". You can check her stuff out at www.ajakim.com

I wasn't sure whether she still did stuff with them actually, thanks for clearing that up!!! I forgot about the Dolls!! How could I!! :erk: Aja's solo cd is excellent btw Ronnie!!! Modern Babylon, Something Missing and Living In London are my favourites from that album.

ronnie ward said:
Hahahahaha! Yeah, that was some funny stuff. You must have been pretty close to where I was, what started that whole thing? Was it just someone drunk and falling all over or was the dude getting all rowdy and crazy and shite? There was another wasted nutbag during TNT, that resulted in a lot of broken bottles, did you see all the glass on the ground?

Other than one or two guys that had a little "too" much fun, it was definately a cool crowd. But now I understand why the Maidens want the gate up front. Although Aja looks like she could probably handle any overzealous stagedivers...

I'm sure Aja could launch into a Bruce style rant if needed!! That I would love to hear!!

ronnie ward said:
There was another wasted nutbag during TNT, that resulted in a lot of broken bottles, did you see all the glass on the ground?

But now I understand why the Maidens want the gate up front.

Broken glass? How about one of those chicken wire fences like they had on the Blues Brothers?

Man they should have ban bottles, and made them drink from plastic cups, breaking glass all over the floor is very un-cool. Okay little off the subject thouh, so as far as that goes, nothing beats fresh beer or Hefewiesen strait out of an ice cold keg anyway; it’s like ice cream…

Come to think of it they gave me a glass to drink out of at the last Iron Maidens gig up here, but the beer came from a Keg, and in that place if some dude threw glass on the floor, then the bouncers would have taken him away in an ambulance.

Metallicat180 said:
I'm sure Aja could launch into a Bruce style rant if needed!! That I would love to hear!!

Actually, she did. It was a very well put together peice about real music and musicians, and not having much tolerance for those carbon copy/no real talent type performers. The audience seemed to agree.

Maidens1.jpg

Maidens2.jpg

Maidens3.jpg

Liz1.jpg

Liz2.jpg

Liz3.jpg

Liz4.jpg

Linda_Wanda1.jpg

Linda_Wanda2.jpg

Sara_Aja1.jpg

Cool pics. Thanks.

New guitar Liz? Who makes that one? I haven't seen that style headstock before.

Jim

That's the one she made herself! It looked very well made from what I could see.... paint looked great as well. (I hate painting!!) Wish I coulda seen it up close.

Sara had some kind of mishap with her Ibanez during the first song and switched to her Charvel, then stuck with it for the rest of the night. I forgot to ask what happened.

In all it was almost the best show I heard from the Maidens (all 4 now) - It would have been the best sounding show if only I could hear Sara on my side of the stage! :Smug: I could hear her slightly unless she was the only guitar going. I could tell she was playing great though! :worship:

In all, an absolutely killer show! And Sara even "stood still" enough for me to get a pic of her! (barely!!) :headbang:

And Sara even "stood still" enough for me to get a pic of her! (barely!!)

:Spin: :tickled: That is quite the challenge at a Maidens show. :headbang:

We ought to have an award for capturing Sara not in motion. :loco:

Jim

MiniMurray said:
i broke a string during wrathchild :erk:

I saw that. But your tech was right on it with the backup, he's a real nice guy btw.

Pleasure meeting you too, great night, great playing, hope to see you again soon. :wave:

Hey Bichmaker...GREAT PICS man!!!! I see your POV was quite a bit to the right of me. Are you affilated with Moser Guitars btw, or are you the man himself? :cool:

BichMaker said:
In all it was almost the best show I heard from the Maidens (all 4 now) - It would have been the best sounding show if only I could hear Sara on my side of the stage! :Smug: I could hear her slightly unless she was the only guitar going. I could tell she was playing great though! :worship:

Yeah, thats Cooperstown for ya, the courtyard kinda has that effect. the amps become very "directional" and you lose the amp real quick if youre not right in front of it. I thought about getting some "beam blockers" to combat that problem. Sound crew did a great job though, the drums were thunderous werent they?

I missed most of your show, but I heard there was actually a drum solo... correct? :OMG: I definitely need to check you guys out again! :headbang:
I am not the man himself... Neal is 62! :OMG:
I do work for MCS though -dealing with their import line... I also build my own guitars.... plus I work for Motorola (bill paying "normal" job), so I'm a little too busy lately!