Humorous MP3 Tags

Thraxz

Melody be Thy Name
Aug 27, 2004
Las Vegas
Well,

I finally bought Blood Fire Death and instantly ripped it to MP3... and I tried to play it... and couldn't find the MP3s. I then noticed something new...

batlord.bmp

"Batlord" is the famous mistaken name of Bathory. If you look at the logo, the "y" looks a little like a "D" and even one of my friends thought it was "Batlord" from looking at my t-shirt.

Although I don't know why it would be mistaken on an mp3 tag.... crazy.

son_of_northern_darkness said:
"Batlord" is the famous mistaken name of Bathory. If you look at the logo, the "y" looks a little like a "D" and even one of my friends thought it was "Batlord" from looking at my t-shirt.

Although I don't know why it would be mistaken on an mp3 tag.... crazy.

...maybe because if someone has already submitted to the tags to one of the auto-checking online databases, and you don't check or manually tag them yourself, you'll get what they call the MP3.

When I rip my cds, I tend to check them, particularly after the annoyance of having to manually change the name of several albums worth of "mootorhead" :mad:

In Windows Media Player, rename one song Motorhead. A new Motorhead directory should show up. Then just drag and drop the other albums/songs of Motorhead into the directory and they get renamed automatically.

Renaming my Batlord album was a one click affair because I already had the Bathory directory.

Actually the well known mistake for the band's name is Bat Hord, which people have changed to have mistaken with Bat Horde. In fact, Tearstained wrote a song called Bat Horde that is clearly an homage for Bathory.

Thraxz said:
In Windows Media Player, rename one song Motorhead. A new Motorhead directory should show up. Then just drag and drop the other albums/songs of Motorhead into the directory and they get renamed automatically.

Renaming my Batlord album was a one click affair because I already had the Bathory directory.

Thanks mate but I don't use WMP.

I use ceative media source.

If you don't use WMD, just use it to rename stuff only. It's worth the effort.

EDIT: I have CMS but wasn't impressed enough with it to switch over.

Thraxz said:
If you don't use WMD, just use it to rename stuff only. It's worth the effort.

EDIT: I have CMS but wasn't impressed enough with it to switch over.

I use it mostly because it (unsuprisingly) runs the Creative Zen I use well, and it plays video clips well too.

Killbot said:
ah, all this talk of media players reminds me, does anyone use/know anything about Winamp?
I used to use it for online radio. Beware packaged spyware with some downloads.

I dl some mp3's of the band Frightmare from their official site. When I opened them in iTunes I was surprised to see them under the genre "General Children's Music" :lol: Clearly the band has good sense of humor.

Carcassian said:
I used to use it for online radio. Beware packaged spyware with some downloads.

I got it a while ago, but something went wrong, I was wondering if anyone might know how to fix it. I just use Media Player until I can figure out the problem.

Killbot said:
I got it a while ago, but something went wrong, I was wondering if anyone might know how to fix it. I just use Media Player until I can figure out the problem.

Uninstall/re-install ?