Hurricane Guitars

How much do Carvin custom shops cost? And can you still order 'em with the Jackson knock off headstock?

Yep, you can still get that headstock. They don't list it on the specs on the online order form, so you have to do your order by phone and make a special request for it. It does cost extra though. Carvin actually has quite a bit of those hidden options.

I've got a Kramer with the tipped down pointed headstock, origional floyd rose which is far better than the "licenced by". Now today most of these straight head stock guitars just dont look right. I gotta say too, I just tried out a $600 Jackson a few weeks ago and would never dream of replacing my Kramer with it. It had flat sawn neck, and played no better, more versatile but not justified. My Kramer is quarter sawn and the grain is straight as an arrow, so is the neck. Bought it used in 91 for $275. One dual coil for bridge and one single for neck. Could use a hotter bridge but I can compensate. On the single I get a bit of a Strat sound, not as versatile as a three PU guitar but I like it.

Never heard of a Hurricane ?

Just picked up a Hurricane Custom Series Explorer today for like $300. It sounds amazing!

Found it in a second hand store.