Search for the most 80's guitar EVER!!!!

ok, so the specs on the Kramer guitars arent bad at all, and i've read some really good reviews, what's the catch, why are they so cheap?

They're so cheap, because they're so god damn 80's. Anything with the word Kramer on it is 80's by default. If a cheese sandwich had the word Kramer on it, it would be an 80's sandwich.

I love Kramer bodies. I never actually played sa Kramer neck though. My other guitarrist's Kramer has a Fender neck on it, and I can't stand Fender necks.

Jaen said:
ok, so the specs on the Kramer guitars arent bad at all, and i've read some really good reviews, what's the catch, why are they so cheap?

Because there made in a sweatshop in Korea....these are basically the squire versions of the famous 80's american Kramers....I'm sure the high end US models on musicyo.com are better though...

But, ya know, there cheep enough to try out, mabie you'll like it...

how can u not like fender necks ??? what year was the neck i play all vintage fender stuff 70s and 80s and the necks are godly nothing can thouch them...

MrFast said:
I super laughed when I saw the Explorer model was called the Exploder :lol:

If the Ed Zilla had a buck in the bridge, that would be a sweet guitar. Mahogany body and maple neck is about ideal for a bolt on for me. I need a "natural" colored guitar anyway. I am sure Wayne would build me one if I had about 1600 smackers to through at him.

Bryant

i want a bright pink explorer w/ a charvel neck on it...... i need to save up im talkin 80s flourescent w/ flourescent fret inlays.... i have like 2000 to spend on guitar stuff i was gonna get an amp but another guitar may be in store now that i thought that up....

nah not even a wiz neck they dont make stuff like they did in the 70s man sorry they are great necks but come play this strat youll fall in love thats why the dude at guitar center offered me 5000 for it and i was like umm no

I've thought about this one for a long while. Since I was a teenage metalhead at the time, I had to dig back in the ol' memory banks to remember what the world looked like back then.

I think the first couple years in the '80's was ruled by Ed's guitar.

guitar-frankhockey.jpg

Then Randy's polka dots and later Jackson took over.

randy1024x768.jpg

jackson.jpg

But then 1984 came out and Ed was back on top.

But then along came Mr. Malmsteen and his strat was everywhere for a few years.

setupguitarramalmsteen2772.jpg

The late '80's was a mess of recognizable guitars though, from Lynch's skull'n'crossbones to Vai's flame guitar. I think SRV's strat owned the late '80's, but I would define the late '80's as the era of the Ibanez RG. Since the '80's were known as an age of excess and extravagance, I would use the neon colors of the Racer X posters as the posterchildren.

76Strat said:
nah not even a wiz neck they dont make stuff like they did in the 70s man sorry they are great necks but come play this strat youll fall in love thats why the dude at guitar center offered me 5000 for it and i was like umm no

what year is it?

I had always thought 70's strats were the dud's of all strats. I played a 3 bolt heel/bullet truss rod Silver Anniversary strat years ago and didn't rate it all that highly, however I do agree most strat necks across the fretboard are in a class of their own, notably many of the japanese ones.

I've never really seen a 70's strat over the $2500-$3000 mark, in mint shape, mabie 3500-4000 with origional case and hang tags, and early 70-71. I had a chance to get a lefty 78' for like $1700 and passed on it...

it has a 70s strat neck and an older body liek 60s i believe b/c the guitar tech had to do some adjustments and took the body off and said the numbers dont all match up the body is much older than the neck and the neck is so smooth he said he thought it was switched b/c the neck plays so beautifully but i also have an early 80s jap start w/ the most clean neck i have ever played a wizard will never touch it im sorry wizards are great but come play my jap start and youll never touch a wizard

all i know is i got it at a garage sale for like 30 bucks and took it to get adjusted and the tech said hed give me 5000 cash for it and i said no cuz the it played that good

i have a bucker in the bridge dimarzio super distortion in my 80s jap w/ the smoothest playing neck has an OFR too...