Search for the most 80's guitar EVER!!!!

Horus

and his imaginary friend
Mar 4, 2005
Atlantis
I'm on a search for the most 80's guitar ever. By 80's guitar, I mean some Pics, descriptions, whatever you have. Here's what I'm looking for:

- Crazy Body Shape
- Color
- Design
- Company
- Random Features (Scalloped Fretts, Pickup array, etc.)

I'll start. My guitarrist's new weapon, a.k.a. the Helm of Valhala!

- Kramer body
- Fender Strat Neck with Scalloped Fretts
- White and Neon Yellow fade with Tiger Stripes finish with matching headstock
- One single solitary Seymour Duncan JB humbucker with one single solitary volume knob
- Original, actually from the 80's Floyd Rose bridge

Charvels, Kramers, BC Rich...all make me think of the 80s.

And the J Frog Lynch skull & bones guitar:

jfrog_skull_550.jpg

Also the ESP guitars that Akira Takasaki from Loudness plays, which are similar to the Killer guitars' random star shapes:

rs388jg.jpg

this is a particularly gaudy finish. Makes me wanna tease my hair ;)

Randy Rhoad's polka dot flying v

Randy Rhoads is the first thing that comes to mind when i think 80's metal. Him just going to work of that awesome flying v.

total sweetness....

I actually know someone who owns a Jackson custom shop remake of that Randy Rhoads flying V. Perfectly remade, down to the littlest details. Plays like a GOD!!!!

aw fucken sweet!!!

I have never stolen anything in my life, but if I saw that work of art, I dont think I could stop myself...

If I ever win powerball... I swear im going buy like 1000 custom shops!!!!!:kickass: :kickass: :headbang: :headbang: :kickass:

If you win powerball,
A) Get custom shops of all the guitars in this thread
B) Can I borrow some money?

hmmm, i have an idea...

after i win powerball:

I build i big ass house with speakers and amps all over the place. Then i invite SX fans to come live in it with me. Then I buy like every custom shop guitar i can think off. Then I invent SX over and we have the ultimate shred session!!!!

War_Blade said:
Randy Rhoad's polka dot flying v

Randy Rhoads is the first thing that comes to mind when i think 80's metal. Him just going to work of that awesome flying v.

total sweetness....

yes indeed.:worship:

How about these from Steve Vai's private collection...
guitar13gp.jpg

guitar23xg.jpg

guitar36vc.jpg

oh, what the hell, img tags arnt working again, anyone know why sometimes they work and sometimes they dont??

How could anyone go past the Washburn EC-29/36 with that mantle crackle finish?

I believe MJR is the proud owner of one himself.

Crackle finish & flouro was trademark 80's for me

And the extra frets on the EC29 & EC36 epitomised the excessiveness of 80's culture.

WashburnEC29M6CrackleColoredFrontBody.jpg

RobbM said:
How about these from Steve Vai's private collection...
guitar13gp.jpg

guitar23xg.jpg

guitar36vc.jpg

oh, what the hell, img tags arnt working again, anyone know why sometimes they work and sometimes they dont??

man i have been lusting after his heart guitar for like like 6 months now, every time i see that sxy beast i just wanna pick it up and shred. Wonder if he would ever sell it...