Hurricane Sandy Roll Call

Manda and Kris are both safe and sound and even got power back and had dinner for those who didn't.
Great to hear. Dave and Michelle are STILL without power and no relief in sight. Some brilliant people decided years ago to put their power substation right on the water of the Shark River Inlet, which opens on to the ocean. It's been heavily damaged and with the nor'easter hitting, looks like the power company is waiting to repair it. Damn cold here too. Still so much to do to get back to "normal".

Great to hear. Dave and Michelle are STILL without power and no relief in sight. Some brilliant people decided years ago to put their power substation right on the water of the Shark River Inlet, which opens on to the ocean. It's been heavily damaged and with the nor'easter hitting, looks like the power company is waiting to repair it. Damn cold here too. Still so much to do to get back to "normal".
AMBR, This recovery has been horrific. Parts of Gerritsen Beach and Brighton Beach STILL have no power. Coney Island has been picked clean with no relief in sight. It is looking like the recovery is worse than the storm itself.

Hang on, Dave and Michelle. You are in our thoughts. :)

Hey guys and gals, got some good news to share today. Just found out last night that the Sandy Relief Benefit show we're playing tonight at The Blind Tiger will be recorded and made available as a dvd with all proceeds going to the relief.

From the facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/12489194100208 (Please note this will probably be the only show I will advertise/make a post for my band)

277017_124891941002089_1295405922_n.jpg

This will the be the first of several upcoming Benefit efforts to support both The American Red Cross and Occupy Sandy Relief!!! The Blind Tiger has been kind enough to allow us the use of their venue on Thursday, November 29th, 2012, to entertain you with not only some of the best musical acts from Greensboro and Raleigh, but Performance Artist extrordinaire...and 2012 World Bodypainting Champion, Madelyn Greco..aka.."Foxy Moxy", performing a couple of top-notch Burlesque routines!!! Madelyn will accompanied by local muscicians, Mamadou's Fantastic Band, The Grand Ole' Uproar, Jeremy Gilchrist, and The Walking Streets!

Our band is a very jack white influenced type groove rock band but we add so many different styles its hard make an accurate description...we got 6 demos up on our website though if you want an idea (see sig). I haven't heard of the others so I can't say about them yet

If anybody would be interested in purchasing a dvd to help out with the relief I'll make a link when the dvds ready.