Keep us Sandy survivors in your prayers

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
Folks;

Today is the Day After. Last night, many of us went through living hell when Hurricane Sandy hit our shores. Though I am OK, I do not know about Tramz or Snowy. My SiL is staying with us because her neighborhood is under water, and we live in NYC. There is a lot of destruction and power outages near us (I saw power lines explode a block away from us last night.). SO, I ask my fellow OSAers to keep us on the Atlantic seaboard in your thoughts and prayers.

I was so worried about you! I've heard from Snowy and Tramz, so it is such a relief that you and your family have made it, Ray. Tramz is in Florida, and Snowy has made it through.

Yeah, we are fine. It was a minor miracle that I had power all night long when blocks around me had transformers exploding. I looked out the window, and a couple of times it looked like a nuclear bomb was going off. My SiL's home was under water, but two blocks south of her was total destruction. Houses in the canals and beaches gone. I spent today trying to make her feel good that at least she had a house to go to. This storm knew no income level or rank. Queens' Breezy Point section lost 100 homes in a massive fire. That neighborhood was once known as the "Civil Service Riviera" back in the day. Those houses became winterized and now that neighborhood is full-time. I told my SiL that while she had a home to go to, I know of a sitting Congressman and State Senator that are from Breezy that are homeless right now (And that is confirmed).

I lived through Gloria, which was a FAR more powerful storm. If she had hit in the same way as Sandy........I probably would not be typing this. We in Brooklyn actually laughed at Gloria

The videos and pics from New York and on the coast to south show serious damage. Glad to hear you people made it through.

BTW, this just in: AMBR has not been heard from. She is a founding member of the OSA, and she lives in the Bull's Eye (Jersey Shore) We are still trying to locate her to see if she is OK.

BTW, Trogdor and Teleute also live near the Bull's Eye in South Jersey. If anyone has heard from them, tell them to let us know if everything is OK.

Just talked with AMBR on Facebook 30 minutes ago. She, her family and property are ok, except her son's car which was hit on the hood by a 2½ ft thick falling oak trunk. :(

AMBR was connecting FB at a netcafe because the power is almost completely out in the most of NJ area and the officials tell them to prepare to survive without at least for a week until they can get damages repaired well enough to get electricity back.