Hypocrisy gear preset

alien_invasion

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2005
Question for the user of the sansamp psa1 guitar preamp.
Which are your psa1 preset to have a guitar sound like hypocrisy? :hotjump:
Thank you to divide them to us.
The best would be than Peter answers. :headbang:

im willing to bet that it all varies with what they CAN use.

maybe he runs his preamp direct sometimes, maybe he plays through amps straight,

Ill bet it changes all the time depending on venues and availability

I would like to know also. It always comes out too thin or scooped, any ideas how to get that crunchy but still full sounding tone like on Catch 22? (I know there's post-processing at play, but still. I'm using the Psa-1 for direct recording, btw).

Salvation 13 said:
I would like to know also. It always comes out too thin or scooped, any ideas how to get that crunchy but still full sounding tone like on Catch 22? (I know there's post-processing at play, but still. I'm using the Psa-1 for direct recording, btw).

PSA-1 for direct recording sounds like dragging a horse ass in the gravel. I think Catch 22 may be recorded with a simple Metal Zone. Otherwhise I think they use a Mesa head for amplifying the PSA-1 live.

To my mind, they uses the sansamp in direct recording on the album (the sound is treated, certainly by his amek big mixing desk and some compressor tube tech, dbx, or focusrite…) and direct on the PA in concert. But since “the arrival” they use Mesaboogie on stage, and I believe that now they uses the krankenstein amp. That would be a good idea that Peter gives us some council about the sansamp! I think that that would interest many people! :headbang: