I´m off to see My Dying Bride

Alexandre

Feb 15, 2002
Visit site
This instant. Just thought of you lot before I left. I´ll come back here and talk about the gig for the fellow fans. See YOU later.

damn u i really wanna see them!!!!

i suppose im gonna have to wait 7 days then :D london rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: tell me the set so i know what to expect from the london gig, oh hang on, dont, then it will spoil it :D i suppose i wont read this thread then...

I´m home!!!

OK, first thing... this was the second time I saw them (the first one in the The Angel and The Dark River tour). I´m a HUGE My Dying Bride fan.

I really miss the violins live. The keyboards girl is alright, but doesn´t quite replace the violinist banging his head at the front - and its sound...

Secondly... Aaron is amazing! He´s a giant dressed in black (The Crow or Black Adder style clothing) with a great voice and great presence...I have goosebumps when I remember the way he threw himself to the ground at a certain stage of the gig :)

Third... the guitars sounded VERY good...Hamish is a very good guitar player (Andrew needs no introduction). Ade is a solid bass player, great sound too...
The drums didn´t sound good... but it wasn´t the drumming, just the sound.

They started the gig with My Hope The Destroyer - great track!

The other songs they played - not in the right order:

The Dreadful Hours
The Raven And the Rose
A Cruel Taste Of Winter
The Cry of Mankind
The Snow In My Hand
The Fever Sea
A Kiss to Remember
She is the Dark
Under Your Wings and Into Your Arms
Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium
Turn Loose the Swans

They´re all here I guess...meanwhile I got a little bit drunk:)

Conclusion: A - M - A - Z - I- N - G!

If you like them, go see them - you won´t regret it. It´s not an action-packed, moshing concert - it´s for real fans...Their music gets you really in the heart.

You must check out (in urgency order IMO)

The Angel And The Dark River
Turn Loose The Swans
The Light At The End Of The World
Like Gods Of The Sun
34,788%....complete
You forgot As The Flower Withers.

No, I didn't say that....What I meant...uh...damnit....I think giant would be a better word to descripe...I think it's just impressing when someone like that is wearing the Crow or Black Adder style clothing *stealing Alexandre's words*, has an amazing voice...and I'm too tired to explain it more :p

I remember when I saw My Dying Bride during their Gods of the Sun tour. It was, and still is, the best concert I have ever witnessed, not only because the music/sound/artists were great, but because the guys were all really nice and I got to get backstage to party with them and get some stuff signed :cool: