I AM ABOMINATION ALBUM STREAM!

Wow, thanks for the reply!

I think you are confused as to the definition of agnostic. to be an agnostic is to understand that absolutely nothing is absolute, it has nothing to do with a higher power. It sounds like you are maybe Agnostic Christians possibly? if you believe in a god, or God, than you are a Theist. if you believe Jesus existed, than maybe you are Christian. If you believe in no God, but are uncertain that it cannot be proven (which is being honest...) that means you are an agnostic athiest. (I am an weak Athiest btw, show me falsifiable evidence and I'll believe.)

And I totally agree with you that religion is interesting! I still read the bible all the time and sometimes I read the Book of Morons ("And it came to pass..." a millllllllllllon times).

1776, that's pretty close to what I thought it was about. Our forefathers weren't exactly the people we believe they are. Great song!

Greetings From Easter Island is one of the confusing songs for me. The astronauts part reminds me of mormonism, because the doctrine states that Adam was a human from an alien planet sent here by god to rule over us.

It's good that you don't want to impose your beliefs on others or preach through your music, but if someone doesn't think critically about what they are hearing it can easily pass as preaching by how some of the lyrics are presented.

You totally nailed it with the interesting lyrics (and badass music). I honestly don't usually care for what the vocalist's say but this caught my ear fast because of the religious stuff, and the fact that I can understand what he's singing!

Wow, thanks for the reply!

I think you are confused as to the definition of agnostic. to be an agnostic is to understand that absolutely nothing is absolute, it has nothing to do with a higher power. It sounds like you are maybe Agnostic Christians possibly? if you believe in a god, or God, than you are a Theist. if you believe Jesus existed, than maybe you are Christian. If you believe in no God, but are uncertain that it cannot be proven (which is being honest...) that means you are an agnostic athiest. (I am an weak Athiest btw, show me falsifiable evidence and I'll believe.)

And I totally agree with you that religion is interesting! I still read the bible all the time and sometimes I read the Book of Morons ("And it came to pass..." a millllllllllllon times).

1776, that's pretty close to what I thought it was about. Our forefathers weren't exactly the people we believe they are. Great song!

Greetings From Easter Island is one of the confusing songs for me. The astronauts part reminds me of mormonism, because the doctrine states that Adam was a human from an alien planet sent here by god to rule over us.

It's good that you don't want to impose your beliefs on others or preach through your music, but if someone doesn't think critically about what they are hearing it can easily pass as preaching by how some of the lyrics are presented.

You totally nailed it with the interesting lyrics (and badass music). I honestly don't usually care for what the vocalist's say but this caught my ear fast because of the religious stuff, and the fact that I can understand what he's singing!

Haha wow straight schooled me on that shit! lol
I think i can speak for everybody in my band that we dont follow any kind of organized religion. I don't know if there is a god, but ill live my life as a good person. I just cant follow something that there isn't any definitive proof in.

The mix is really good and great guitar playing. Only one problem: was the heavy tuning on the vocals really necessary? It really detracts from the sincerity/emotion of the vocal parts for me.

The mix is really good and great guitar playing. Only one problem: was the heavy tuning on the vocals really necessary? It really detracts from the sincerity/emotion of the vocal parts for me.

I tuned the vox myself and I used a retune speed of 40. Joey did use some chorus and i think it gives the vocals an almost spacy feel.. love it!
The way Joey taught me to tune vocals is the way vocals should sound. never tune over the inital sharpness or flatness of notes because singers dont start perfect. I didnt tune over any vibrato and I avoided tuning certain vowel pronouciations because auto-tune tends to make some sound funny depending on how they are sung(especially if the singer changes pronounciation in the middle of a note). Almost every line on this cd is doubled and most have a harmony or two. I think the vocals sound ace! But the recording world is all about opinion, there isnt any formula to make something every single person will love. Thanks for the contributions skeksis!

I don't think that the tuning is too much. It's much less noticeable than Joey's previous productions. maybe it's because the vox are uber comped. the vocals do kinda have a synthetic quality to them (but this time the processing was done to make an already good vocalist sound great), but it sounds great and fits the whole production. I really dig the vox!

finally downloaded the album from amazon. I'll probably be assaulting my ear drums all day! I've been blabbing about this album to my friends forever, they are probably sick of me talking about it, hahaha.

edit:

ahh, shred tuned 'em! great job!

I don't think that the tuning is too much. It's much less noticeable than Joey's previous productions. maybe it's because the vox are uber comped. the vocals do kinda have a synthetic quality to them (but this time the processing was done to make an already good vocalist sound great), but it sounds great and fits the whole production. I really dig the vox!

finally downloaded the album from amazon. I'll probably be assaulting my ear drums all day! I've been blabbing about this album to my friends forever, they are probably sick of me talking about it, hahaha.

edit:

ahh, shred tuned 'em! great job!

Thanks for buying man! Spread the word!

I'm willing to bet you're hearing way more chorus or Waves doubler than you're hearing autotuning.

nah, i can hear it. There's obviously other stuff going on, but it's still very obviously tuned to my ears in a few places. I guess I just value the natural feeling (even if the sound is altered with chorus and doubling) over pitch perfection.

I really like the vocal melodies though. Don't know why but i really wish i could hear the whole thing without anywhere near the amount of production as the massiveness of it all makes me feel a bit distanced from the music. I guess i'm just a bit too oldschool :p

great effort overall though and i absolutely love the guitar playing :headbang:

Man everyone seems to like my guitar playing on here. Im going to start posting the demos i write for future releases. Mabye you guys can critique the new album before it comes out hahahah

Is this album only being sold online? Or is it in stores as well? I'm in the US, and it's more convenient for me to go by a FYE, Best Buy, Target, Etc. rather than wait for a package :lol: Thanks!

Unfortunately best buy is hesitant to stock any new heavy music due to the state of the economy. Fye more than likely has it in stock but only select best buys are stocking it right now. It should be in all hot topics though!

Unfortunately best buy is hesitant to stock any new heavy music due to the state of the economy. Fye more than likely has it in stock but only select best buys are stocking it right now. It should be in all hot topics though!

Looks like i'll have to paint my nails black and put on my hello kitty t-shirt so I can fit in when I go into hot topic then. :lol: I have FYE and also Zia Records nearby, so maybe i'll check them first.

Thanks for responding.

This has gotta be some of the finest guitar playing and writing I've heard in a while. Nicely done! Very clean and controlled. :headbang: