I am godmother!!!

Vito Cor.. who the heck are you???

Behold Marlon Brando as the Godfather in the famous Mafia movie "The Godfather." That's what i meant. :p

godfatheryn5.jpg

Awe! He's so cute.... Congrats sis!

As some of you know, I work at the animal shelter. And we got a new cat and my co-worker who is responsible for the cats asked me for a name for a male cat. I thought for a moment, and said "Loki". She said "OK, so you are his godmother now."

So I now have a godchild named Loki. Isn't that really trve? :)
And doesn't he look very trve grim like a "real Loki"? :kickass: :headbang:
k88-2008-1-664.jpg

I LOVE this guy!

What a shock today. A woman (with 3 squeaking kids) came to the animal shelter and asked if she can see Loki. I said sure and went with her to the cats house. On the way, she told me that it might be her cat, and he ran away about a month ago. Loki was brought to us 3 weeks ago by turks who said they found him and actually wanted to keep him but then he peed their house so he had to go. I thought my oh my, if that cat is hers, it might have a good ending at all. Until se told me what his name was... "Kasper"!! In english: Buffoon. Yes, really. Then I thought holy crap I hope he isn't it. What a cruelty to name a cat like a punchinello when he in fact looks like a Loki.

It wasn't Kasper, and he still is Loki.

So it was a good ending however.
(She wanted to take another cat home tho, but I then went walking another dog. I didn't ask, too. But poor Loki is still there.)

I could never do your job. I would bring home every dog that did not get adopted. The last dog I got was from the animal shelter. If they did not have a rule that you could only adopt one, I would have brought home three. I'm 6'4" 220 lb grown man of 36 but I was almost in tears when I had to leave the other two behind even though I really only have room for the one I got. You must be pretty tough.

I have to admit, I thought about taking Loki home. But nobody could tell if he is a home cat or has been outdoors and knows that rabbits are chased by cats. And because I love my rabbits, I want them alive :lol:
But it was a great temptation.
See, the left dog in my signature, Vida, was like "my" dog in the shelter. I was his personal attachment figure, and when he got placed, they told me to take him for a last walk. So we went to the lake and I tried to make it a short goodbye but I couldn't hold my tears. I swore to myself to never again cling to an animal anymore and until now, I made it.
I always bare in mind that all the animals get placed one day, and I have to get along with it. It is not easy and I often think of Vida, who is in very good hands now. Same will go for Loki when he gets placed one day.