I am on the cover of the new book about the NWOBHM

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
The book is called 'No Sleep Till Saltburn' And is written by Mark Gregory.
You can join him on myspace and buy his book here:

http://www.myspace.com/nosleeptillsaltburn

Below is a picture of me taken in 1983 during the concert of NWOBHM band Satan at the Dynamo club.

I am the guy at the front left with his mouth open, long hair and glasses.
On my rightside is Eric de Haas. He is now head of Dynamo Records in Brazil.

Below that is the cover of the book. Check it out.

Here are the pictures:

nosleeptillbook.jpg

Absolutely fucking awsome!

The Hawkster rules :worship:notworthy:headbang::headbang:

Thanks guys. Yea I was 22 in 1980 'when the dam began to burst". And indeed I have seen a lot 80s bands. Man! I had a lot of fun. :headbang:

Have you seen Judas Priest live in the 80'? If so, how were they?

Yea I saw Priest in 1980 just after they released 'British Steel'. They brought along Saxon as their support act who had released 'Wheels of Steel'.

Both Priest and Saxon were great! I remembers Priest played most of BS and 'The Sinner' as well. Think of it as 'Unleashed in the East' with a lot of songs from BS thrown in the mix. Saxon were great to. They played 'Rainbow Theme' and 'Frozen Rainbow' from their first album.

Besides Judas Priest my favorite live bands in the era 1980/83 were Accept (I have seen them live 15 times), Raven (seen 8 times), Gillan (Seen 3 times), Satan (a lot of times!) and Jaguar (seen 5 times).

O wait, now I see that you mean in the 80s! Right. I may have seen Judas Priest 5 or 6 times in the 80s. And I have also seen them in the early 90s after they released 'Painkiller'. Priest in the 80s were always performing very well. Great sound, very professional. Sometimes for the really long screams (Sinner!!) Halford did rely on the echo. But most of the time he sounded clear and aggressive.

I tried to catch every Priest show I could. Because I was a real Priest fanatic in the 80s. Although their studio albums were not always living up to my expectations their live shows and performance were always an event!

They have never disappointed me with their live shows in the 80s. I hope this is a clear answer. If you want to know more just ask. :)

I Love this thread! I'm from Hawk's Generation and I love that whole era..

Raven
Saxon
Venom
Accept
Exciter
Agent Steel
Tokyo Blade
The Rods
Angel Witch
Diamond Head

The list is endless! :kickass:

I'm younger than Henri but everybody knows here I'm kind of stuck in the 80's :p