I thought I'd share this picture with you

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
Handykept-Katwijk.jpg

30th of April 1986

My band HandyKept played as support act of Agent Steel.
We played at the Scum club in Katwijk on the coast of The Netherlands.

The young guy trowing the horns in de middle is me. I am enjoying the absolute mayhem we just created. This is during the end of the song 'foodfight' and we just have been trowing bags of baking flower into the crowd! And they loved it and got wild!!

On the left on guitar seen on his back is Metal Mike van Rijswijk chief editor of metal mag Aardschok, On the right on bass is Andre Verhuysen co-founder of the Dynamo club and organisor of the Dynamo Open Air festival.

You can't see the drummer Pim Bouwens and our second fantastic guitarist Eric VX Veenstra.

Its was a somewhat memorable gig :)

Ah, reminiscence! Sure looks like a lot of fun. Foodfight? You must have been about half-baked when you wrote that one. :)

Wow, that looks awesome, what an all-star lineup!

Do you have any recordings of your project(s) from back then?

(And I like how the five or so people you can see in the crowd have the same hairstyle :lol: )

Death Animal said:
Dam thats look cool.:worship:
Wish I could do that sometime.

Me too! Again!! :headbang: :heh:

Wheezer said:
Ah, reminiscence! Sure looks like a lot of fun. Foodfight? You must have been about half-baked when you wrote that one.

You BET I was! :)

TheWhisper said:
Hmmm, baking flour eh?....Sure.

Sure man, you need nothing else for a good foodfight! Honest! :p

#1_Droogie said:
Wow, that looks awesome, what an all-star lineup!

Do you have any recordings of your project(s) from back then?

Actually I do, A demo on tape somewhere. I'll have to look it up.

#1_Droogie said:
(And I like how the five or so people you can see in the crowd have the same hairstyle )

Well, its an unknown secret but we used to clone our audience. We always had a lot of volunteers. Weird huh? :zombie:

Looks like fun! I remember when I went to amsterdam there was a club
in Zaandamm (sorry if thats not the correct spelling) that had a bunch
of metalheads and punk rock folks and it was a blast this was in 88 and
89 when i made trips over to that fine city our unit liked the hotel over
there in that town.

ASFUCKINGTOUNDING!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

And regarding the demo tape I asked you too if we can "share" it for the sake of UMOS ;)

NP: Mastermind - 'Tokyo Rain'

Haha, those baby bibs (napkins, or how do you call 'm ) are classic !!!
Well, time to show some oldies of me again I think....First one who pulls a smile on his face I pull through his monitor !!
Strange is; these are from about the same period as Hawk's pics, 1987, and I played in a band that also was inspired by the fun stuff of SOD...The first pic was the first thing I ever posted here on Umos, second is ermmm...drunk 80's stuff or so ??

Gert1.jpg

Gert2.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow I nearly fell off my chair laughing so much at the first one Carnut. It's a fabulous photo but its that bib thingy that makes it look so hilarious. The second pic is really good as well - you look very handsome in that one - and I'm being serious, very hot & sexyy:).

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow I nearly fell off my chair laughing so much at the first one Carnut. It's a fabulous photo but its that bib thingy that makes it look so hilarious. The second pic is really good as well - you look very handsome in that one - and I'm being serious, very hot & sexyy:).

Well, I guess that "hot & sexy" makes up for the laughs, so I'll let it be for this time :lol:

nice pics guys, looking like it was tons of fun! Carnut, you've got the haircut I've always wanted!!:headbang:

@ Henri- the girl fans in the audience are to wear the bib....helps us a lot while drooling at the hot hot hot rockers on stage!:lol:

carnut in a tank top!:p

I have seen everything now I can die in peace :D

Hey carnut buddy it looks hard-core 80s ! You can see you were enjoying yourself! :headbang:

O and I do believe your hair is longer now than in the 80s! :)

Cool pics! I think I posted this one over on the Prog Power board.

Dscn5457.jpg

Would've been late 80s -- about the same time as Hawk and carnut. Funny, that! :lol:

Wow that is uncanny Wheezer cos you really do look like Tom Cruise in that photo, which actually is no bad thing:) .

I'd love to show youse a photo of me in a band but I was never in a band unfortunately, although I would have killed to have been in Girlschool since I think they are awesome.

I'm not sure if I showed you this pic of me taken with Blitzkrieg a few weeks ago when they supported Saxon at The Ferry in Glasgow. Here's me with Blitzkrieg's singer Brian Ross on the left and guitarist Ken Johnston. It's a bit blurry, that's the only thing, but the good news is THAT I'M SEEING BLITZKRIEG AGAIN IN ABOUT 7 WEEKS TIME - FANTASTIC!!!!!!! My next concert is a week on Friday when I see Whitesnake and The Answer at Carling Academy in Glasgow.

th_TheFerry001.jpg