I am profoundly sad

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
I just found out Brad Delp died and well being the great fan of Boston that I always have been, its hitting me pretty strongly...Everyone play your favorite Boston songs today....The world just lost one of the best vocalists ever....

Bear

Bought my copy of "Boston" on vinyl back in 1976

"Its been such a long time
I think I should be goin, yeah
And time doesnt wait for me, it keeps on rollin
Sail on, on a distant highway
Ive got to keep on chasin a dream
Ive gotta be on my way
Wish there was something I could say."

R.I.P. Brad, thanks for the 30+ years

A shame for sure, it really hurts that many people don't know
who he was, even after hearing his voice thousands of times
on rock radio. An exceptional talent, sadly missed...

I "inherited" my older brother's record collection, including that one

That's exactly how I got my first Boston album too - from my older brother's collection when he moved out on his own (at the time 8-tracks were becoming the rage - bet he wishes he still had the vinyl).

Very sad news, they were on my list of bands I wanted to see play live.

I met and spent time with Brad back in 1986, and I can tell you that he was a great guy. I was a HUGE fan of his, and was simply blown away that he be-friended a 22 year old nobody singer from Houston. Of course that made me even more of a fan, and set a great example in my life on how a person in the public eye should behave. I have never forgotten that experience.

Stride also had an oppurtunity to open for Boston a couple of years ago, but the insurance funding fell through, and the show was cancelled. We were obviously very dissapointed.

Aside from personal preference, I believe that physically, Brad was the best rock singer that ever lived. His vocals we're virtually impossible to duplicate over the full length of a show by anyone, and his high notes (and they weren't falsetto folks) were simply outrageous. When was the last time you heard a great Boston tribute band? The chances are you haven't, and that's because nobody can sustain Brad's range.

By the way, he was absolutely fantastic live.

RIP my brother, I will never forget you.

This has hit me quite hard as well. The band Boston played a LARGE role in my musical upbringing, and I NEVER tire of listening to that first disc.

RIP Brad.

:cry:

BD was one of my favorite vocalists, and of all the classic music i am so tired of hearing, I NEVER got tired of hearing him sing. THIS REALLY BUMS ME OUT... R.I.P. Brad, You were truly one of the best.