i am seriously exploring the option of laser surgery for my eyes

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
I freakin' hate wearing glasses and contacts are an expensive bitch (better than glasses, though). I know several people who have had this done, and all of them except one are very pleased with it. The displeased girl had hers done like seven or eight years, ago, though (it might even have been oldschool RK surgery), so I think things have improved?

Do you guys have any horror stories or words of encouragement? I'm going to call up my childhood eye doctor (who I trust more than the fucking Russian woman who butchers my orbs here in Boston) and ask for his advice, too.

Horror stories...I heard that one guy's brother (on the opeth OT board) had it done and they fucked it up. So the guy's brother's sight is like that of really scratched up glasses. He can see fine, but all these..weird scratches and shit are there. I'll find the thread later.

my brother is an optometrist and so he is relatively conservative on this issue, because of course it removes customers from his clientel. however he encourages potential patients to educate themselves about it and go with a reputable doctor.

I think by now it is a pretty routine procedure.

however - if something does go wrong with an eye, you could wear a pirate eyepatch. that would be pretty cool.
Jw1b5.gif

well, i originally thought that, Sam, to the degree i was thinking i would demand they would do only one eye at a time, just in case. :)

but i think the risk has dropped enough that it's approaching an everyday risk, right? like looking through a telescope, or walking from your room to the bathroom with a toothbrush in your hand.

i read those similar threads, and is it seriously only LOCAL anaesthesia!?!? knock me the fuck out, dudes.

I heard the creepiest part is when the suction up part of your eyeball.

our sys admin got it done and he loves it. get this: he also had a persistent problem with his forehead always sweating; he went and had an operation where they went into his spine and severed some little nerve, now his forehead is always bone dry, but his back sweats like a bitch! now THAT would be risky.

don't fuck with nerves in your spine dudes.

my mom has had lots of lazer surgury, but she needed it or she'd be blind. it's gotten better, but is still not 100%.

ok, see, exactly how insanely sweaty would my forehead have to be before i a) went to a doctor and pleaded for him to do something and b) actually HAD SPINAL SURGERY to fix it??