I am so fucked!

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
So I am rendering tracks for my bands album. Drums go by relatively fast, the whole thing was done in about 4 hours. So I got started on my orchestras and discovered that for whatever reason the multi out won't work which means I have to render each midi track by hand. I got about half way through the album and decided to take a listen to the tracks and discovered artifact city because I rendered them offline. My only choice now is to render them online in real time, by hand, track for track which equates to about 70 hours of render time alone, not counting the in between time that I select a new track, name it and setup the audio parameters for each track. This is time I simply don't have. So I have a whole albums worth of midi synths that I cannot render to individual tracks for mixing. Unfortunately Sonar doesn't allow full exportation of midi tracks therefore I cannot move my session over to reaper to see if the multis work there or the offline rendering works without artifacts.

Fuck my life

/rant

Well It looks like the album we be put on hold until I can get about $1500 worth of libraries from East West, that is, if their multi routing actually works.

Dude I export MIDI in sonar ALL THE TIME.... what version are you running?

IN Sonar 4 SP Edition just delete all your audio tracks, then save the project as a new file. After save choose FILE > Save As >

Name it and then use the drop down box to save as MIDI

Done!

Sonar 4, 5, 6,
Expotr_4.jpg

Sonar 8, 9, and X1
Expotr_X.jpg

I am using Sonar 4 for MIDI. I might have to try that though. Everytime I would select a MIDI track and go to export it, it would tell me that I couldn't export the midi because it was too long, something about it needing to be a grove clip. When I would split a section into 4 bars and export that, then it would work, but until now I have never found a way to export a whole midi track.

I still don't think it will matter though, it looks like MOTU's multiple output channels only work in standalone and not within a DAW, I could make a sample session and Reaper and see if it works.

EDIT: Unless I am doing something wrong, it looks like Reaper isn't going to work. From what I could figure out, I cannot have separate MIDI tracks from audio tracks. In Sonar I have my Multi setup and multiple midi tracks go into that VST (each midi track is an assigned channel going to the VST), I want each patch (or midi channel) to go to a separate audio track out.

Scratch all of that...I found in a deep hidden place within the synth where to assign multiple outputs...quite a pain way to do things, but I found it none the less, save my online rendering time by a great factor. And hey I learned some things about MIDI in sonar too. Thanks guys!

Now I just feel like an idiot

Dude I export MIDI in sonar ALL THE TIME.... what version are you running?

IN Sonar 4 SP Edition just delete all your audio tracks, then save the project as a new file. After save choose FILE > Save As >

Name it and then use the drop down box to save as MIDI

Done!

You beat me to it - I read the original post just now and was getting ready to respond, fortunately I scrolled down and saw your post. Been exporting MIDI for a long time. :)

lol quite a funny story with a good ending at least. *chants* Shoulda used cubase, shuda used cubase! lol

Cubase, wuts a cyoobayse? jk

Had nothing to do with the DAW, it was all in the VST, shoulda figured the routing wasn't already configured.

I think now you know how Jari Maenpaa feels sometime. :zombie:

Hahah, yeah, or how about the Dev?

You beat me to it - I read the original post just now and was getting ready to respond, fortunately I scrolled down and saw your post. Been exporting MIDI for a long time. :)

Yeah my problem was that I was always trying to export the midi just like audio. I have used sonar becuase of its ease of use and becuase I have never needed to read the manual to use the more advanced features, but I am thinking now its time to read the fucking manual :lol:

I like how this thread went from OT Rant to Equipment thread topic. I feel like Ima get in trouble with the Fuhrer. This thread is now about hwo much of an idiot I am. Back OT