I believe I found the Still Life "Cough"

neschn

New Metal Member
Apr 9, 2008
Right off the bat, I am going to tell you what I found is not in The Moor and its not in White Cluster.

What I found to be a cough is in Moonlapse Vertigo.

I was just listening to some Opeth while browsing the interwebs one day and Moonlapse Vertigo came on. I wasn't even really paying attention to the music but at one point I noticed that something wasn't supposed to be there. I went back to the section in the song and turned up the volume and what I heard was definitely cough, I showed it to my brother and my friend and they both said that it was definitely a cough.

So now that we are past the history behind how I found it lol, here is where its at in the song and link to the song on YouTube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RDBOKksyQw&feature=related[/ame]

Its two coughs, one occurs right when it hits 5:04 and then at 5:05

Its kinda hard to pick up but I'm sure thats where its at. If it is and some other people confirm it and put it up on YouTube, don't be an asshole and please credit me for finding it.

Thanks

The Still Life cough that everyone refers to IS in The Moor. It occurs during the acoustic bridge a few seconds before the line, "She is waterdrops over the pyre...".

oh man, I haven't listened to Moonlapse (SL in general) for ages. Awesome. please don't ever tell me anything off GR or WS is as good as this stuff

Yeah, what is in The Moor is definately a sigh in this, this sounds like the nasty phlegm ridden cough that Mikael was talking about it.

Its two coughs, one occurs right when it hits 5:04 and then at 5:05

Its kinda hard to pick up but I'm sure thats where its at. If it is and some other people confirm it and put it up on YouTube, don't be an asshole and please credit me for finding it.

Thanks

credit you for finding it? like it's a dinosaur, what shall you name it?

anyway i listened to it through both set of monitors i have and i hear nothing other than snare, i don't know what you're listening to it through but they clearly aren't displaying the sound well

I heard a telephone ringing in No Way back - Foo Fighters, and it's like goin on for 15 sec, annoying me everytime I hear it. but then again, I'm a psycho.
off-topic off-forum yes.
EDIT: the "cough" this thread is about, I heard every time I listened to the song, but I thought it was the bass, as it occurs alot in the song.

Well I don't know, I can hear it fine and it sounds like a cough to me. It sounds like a nasty phlegm ridden cough. Ehh whatever.

It's really audible on The Moor because it's really the only thing you can pay attention to. It might be psychological, but that's the only thing I pay attention to.