The Still Life "Cough"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheApostle

Mar 4, 2005
America
I am apologizing ahead of time if this topic has been brought up before, as I am not too skilled at searching.

On the Official Opeth website, there is a discography section (of course) and if you read the Still Life session Diary you might see this:

There was one day when me and Peter worked for almost 24 hrs, and we ended up getting so fucking tired we hallucinated. It started with me hearing a cough while I was in the vocal booth. I looked out but saw no.one. I asked Peter: "Man, did you cough?", "No, why". I was terrified thinking that someone was there with us. Me and Peter went out probing the area after suspicuos things.

And mind you, the new Fredman studio is pretty big with several different rooms, and if that is not enough, it´s located in an industrial area where no-one usually comes around in the middle of the night.

Anyways, we didn´t find anything, but the rest of that day we were certainly affected by everything as there was indeed some kind of spooky felling in the air. Sure enough it was just our tired brains that played us a trick. And the cough I mentioned had somehow been recorded on the tape. We still don´t know who it is, and it´s still there on the album in the 1st track.

Does anyone know where this occurs in "The Moor?" I find it kind of freaky.

Thanks.

ppl say it'S around 10:07 (i think) but then, ppl heard at that time mike whispering melinda into the microfone during concerts and it also sounds alot like 'melinda' on the original still life. other say it's at 3:41 (if memory servers me correctly) but i never heard smth and that moment...

breaklose said:
have you guys realised lars urlich counts 'one two three four' at the beginning of 'leper messiah'? :) isnt that amazing like? :) :)

I do find it quite amazing that Lars knows how to count to four.

breaklose said:
have you guys realised lars urlich counts 'one two three four' at the beginning of 'leper messiah'? :) isnt that amazing like? :) :)

Jinnstfu.bmp.jpg

breaklose said:
you know why metal's so shit these days? because its not mischievous anymore. you middle class spoilt kids are just too sensitive. lemmy and cliff burton would be ashamed of yous.
you just keep your panties on straight thar yun' missy. jus' coz your fun got shut down... you like metallica right? me too. so i guess i'll just say: ...And Justice For All.

:tickled:

Yeah, thought I wouldn't get away with that one, hehe. It was also kind of disrespectful, I'm sorry, breaklose just got to me.

Speaking of which, I just spoke with MetalAges and the troll-folk shouldn't be a nuisance anymore.

I'm gonna lock this thread because there's really nothing else to be said about the topic. If the thread author feels differently just PM me and I'll bump it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.