I can't be the only one...

Because she's a recluse living upstate...right Ang? :p

If you want to get technical Nate, it's WESTERN New York! About 70 miles south of Buffalo by the PA border. We mostly go to shows in Buffalo (not that they have many goods ones), Toronto or Cleveland. And Prog Power of course... Does that answer your question Zod???

thread.jpg

Yunno... the song "My Apocalypse" is actually...

*gulp*

Good!!!

In fact... :headbang:

I just listened to three songs of the new record:

Cyanide (live song posted on myspace)
My Apocalypse
The Day That Never Comes

And I really didn't trust my ears: I like that stuff! :headbang:

Nevermind the 'cover artwork' as long as the music is great. :) I surely will listen to the whole album when it's released. Guess I could be even more surprised...

I was also surprised when I listened to the songs. I'm curious about the album! It seems to be ...good?

I... "examined" more songs on the album, and I think this is the closest to a comeback they are likely to make. Hell, I might even buy this if I see nothing else of interest. :D

It's the best since Black...finally gave it a listen last night, and the 'tallica boys are back after St. Detour. 2 of the 3 full songs heard before the leak (Cyanide and My Apocalypse) are the weakest, but even those aren't bad. It sounds like a cross between the groove-oriented sounds of the Load albums (and even Garage Inc), but with more speed and thrash, and brought to more epic length. I didn't see the 10 minute instrumental coming, interesting twist. There's some cool riffs, instrumental sections, Het sounds good, and Kirk is definitely unleashed :) I'll be proud to pick this up on release day.

Sorry guys...from what I've heard so far, I think it sucks...
But my opinion may change after I hear all of it...

Unforgiven III and My Apocalypse blow seriously... especially Unforgiven III, what a letdown. But the rest of the album is really quite generic, which is a compliment for these old farts!

Nice try Metallica, but this sounds too simple, very predictable and by no means the punch in the face that the US metal scene or metal in general needs. Many will say that it is better than some of thier past cd's...this doesn't mean much cause their past releases have sucked! I've listened and compared this to some of metals new and old bands like Megadeth, Testament, Symph x, Communic, Hibria , Pyramaze and so on...No to Metallica.

I think for American metal I can hang on to Circle II Circle and Nevermore for a while. I'll download it but I dont think I'll listen to it . . .

And the cover does not look too much like a vagina, it resembles it OK, but that wouldn not be the first thing that came to my mind

Unforgiven III sucks for my first try, I'm gonna listen the rest on my way to school tomorrow.