I can't fucking wait for Joey/Anthrax

redeyes

most likely to mosh
Mar 23, 2002
New Mexico
Visit site
Its been a long long time. I grew up with Anthrax, they are my band. I started playing guitar because of them.

I fucking love Sound of White Noise, Stomp 442. Did not like the new direction of less thrashy metal.

I am SO psyched for another Joey Anthrax album. I fucking loved POT and it broke my heart when they broke up after that.

I miss my metal with actual singing. Not saying Bush didn't sing because he did but I miss Joey. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

long time fan that has always wondered what another joey album will sound like,the reunion provided me with seeing joey for firdt time and be a privledge to c this line up again,i cant wait:headbang:

Redeyes.... it's been a long time since we've seen you and - ahem....that avatar......around here man!

I fucking love Sound of White Noise, Stomp 442. Did not like the new direction of less thrashy metal.

i agree.

i always thought some great songs and albums came out of the bush era, but yeah it was more of a hard rock vibe than thrash metal. it even seems that the heavier parts on WCFYA were written in there to specifically make up for something lost. obviously anthrax is a thrash metal band, but the underlying theme of the bush era was anything but thrash metal. joey fits the equation to move the band in the right direction. cheers!

I'm beyond excited about this, can't wait to hear the new album with Joey. I'm not even going to listen to a clip or mp3, just going to straight up buy the album as soon as it comes out and support these guys like they deserve!

Yeah!! They should make a double album to TRY and make it up to the patience of the legion of Anthrax fans!!!
Make it really long and complex with tons of bridges and fast time signature changes.

It would be nice if the new album was released alongside the Dan Nelson vocal recorded album, although I'm not quite interested in it myself so much, I'm sure others might be. It just sucks that Scott said that it would never see the light of day in the video interview, that would be a nice piece of Anthrax history to own in general anyways.
Even including some bonus tracks from the album would be cool, I'm sure there's some legal bullshit stopping that from happening though, sadly.

I am definately onboard with this... I am really excited to hear a new Anthrax CD with Joey in the front and I really hope they go back to their thrash roots.. That was lost during the Bush era.. Anthrax didn't become part of the Big 4 by playing hard rock..

Joey isn't perfect but for me it just wasn't Anthrax without him.

That'd be a first in metal: a new album with each song sung by a different singer. It'd make one hell of a special edition if they included Joey doing Bushthrax live.

What about Slash and that Probot thingy? Okay, they are not exactly extreme metal, but they are at least somewhere between hard rock and metal.

What about Slash and that Probot thingy? Okay, they are not exactly extreme metal, but they are at least somewhere between hard rock and metal.

Slash's album is pretty bad ass.. Proves that he is more than just a one trick pony..

This is METAL and sung like it is supposed to...

T:)

Last edited by a moderator: