Anthrax V. Iron Maiden

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
So Anthrax has 30 year celebrations for SOE. Also stuff for POT (a great album).

Where's the love for "White Noise"? Arguably there best. And it's been 25 years now. Are they afraid to play it? And why?

Bruce Dickinson...probably the best front man in metal.....has NO PROBLEM...singing his subpar replacement songs...

...and yet Joey and Thrax disregard 12 years of their history.

Not trying to start another John v. Joey debate but it's curious.
Where is the love for SOWN, one of there highest charting albums? I guess it will be lost to history. LOL.

I guess Joey is a lesser man. And it shouldn't be that way. Wondering? If you are (joey) the voice of Anthrax you shouldn't be afraid of John Bush.....unless you are,,,,

Last edited:
They have rereleased sown etc not that long ago,they don’t need to play those songs,joey has that luxury I guess,they are doing great atm why fuck with it

Reactions: redfly
You suck redfly :p
SOWN is their best effort bar none!
Joey wont sing it because he can't!
Bring back John!!!
Oh and bring back Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and where is the Anthrax V Maiden bit?
The fact that Brucie sings from both previous singers catalogues?
That's because Eddie is scary, the Not Man isn't!

Wasn't Not Man based on Johnny Z or something? I seem to remember hearing them mention that back in the 80's or 90's but never saw the resemblance. To me he was just strange but Maiden had Eddie, 'Deth had Vic, Motorhead had Snaggletooth, therefore 'Thrax needed something so they chose goofy and strange rather than something metal :)

I'm not sure. But I wouldn't doubt it. But give him a chin beard and he would look more like Scott these days. Maybe Charlie saw the future. I'm assuming he's Charlies?.
Scott's such a big horror fan I'm surprised they never tried to change it.

Reactions: Slammed
I can't who I remember talking about it being Johnny Z but it would have been in Metal Hammer or Kerrang and even back then I think Charlie and Scott did most of the interviews. Giving him some facial hair might just give him the update he needs. He could be going for that aggressive look :)

I wouldn't mind some of the first edition horror books Scott has in his collection.

They have rereleased sown etc not that long ago,they don’t need to play those songs,joey has that luxury I guess,they are doing great atm why fuck with it
I guess you missed my point. Iron Maiden has NO NEED of EVER doing Blaze stuff but Bruce and company do.

Discuss.

And SOWN is arguably the best of Anthrax. Not like "The X Factor".

I don't think comparing history of Iron Maiden and Anthrax isn't a suitable example. Blaze and Bruce has similar voices, so Bruce has no problem to sing any Blaze song. John and Joey has completely different voices and Bushthrax songs weren't written for a voice that Joey has. That's the problem. He's confident in singing his "own" songs but he has no clue how to sing the Bushthrax song :brick:. For that reason it's better to let all those songs rest in peace rather than screw them up... I understand this.

Other question is why Charlie, Scott and Frankie are so fucking "afraid" to talk about Bushthrax albums. As I wrote in another topic here, the 20 year anniversary should be enough to celebrate (2013 SOWN, 2015 Stomp 442, this year V8). I'm not sure whether the band is still active in 2023 to celebrate the 30 year anniversary of SOWN...

Voldemort = He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
Bushthrax albums = They-Which-
Must-Not-Be-Named...:heh:

Reactions: sufferer and redfly
Other question is why Charlie, Scott and Frankie are so fucking "afraid" to talk about Bushthrax albums.

Because Frankie's not allowed to speak out of school. Charlie seems to be like a stuck record only able to use the word aggressive and Scott's to interested in grooming his face fuzz to think about anyone but himself.

Well, off the top of my head I'd say Joey was fired and replaced Bruce wasn't, he left and was replaced. Also Iron Maiden with Blaze is pretty much the same style as Maiden with Bruce. Anthrax with Bush is completely different than Anthrax with Joey. Joey and John are two completely different singers. That's what anthrax wanted. John doesn't sound like Joey doing old Anthrax and Joey doesn't sound like John doing his era.

I agree SOWN is the best...of John's era :)

What makes you think Joey has any say in anything? And why would he be a lesser man? Have you heard Joey do Only? it didn't work. We don't all like the Bush era. Personally, while I think the John era was good for what it was. Anthrax stopped existing for me when they fired Joey. I like Thrash.

I don't think comparing history of Iron Maiden and Anthrax isn't a suitable example. Blaze and Bruce has similar voices, so Bruce has no problem to sing any Blaze song. John and Joey has completely different voices and Bushthrax songs weren't written for a voice that Joey has. That's the problem. He's confident in singing his "own" songs but he has no clue how to sing the Bushthrax song :brick:. For that reason it's better to let all those songs rest in peace rather than screw them up... I understand this.

Other question is why Charlie, Scott and Frankie are so fucking "afraid" to talk about Bushthrax albums. As I wrote in another topic here, the 20 year anniversary should be enough to celebrate (2013 SOWN, 2015 Stomp 442, this year V8). I'm not sure whether the band is still active in 2023 to celebrate the 30 year anniversary of SOWN...

Voldemort = He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
Bushthrax albums = They-Which-
Must-Not-Be-Named...:heh:
I'm sure they'll still be around by 2023 :headbang:

Well, off the top of my head I'd say Joey was fired and replaced Bruce wasn't, he left and was replaced. Also Iron Maiden with Blaze is pretty much the same style as Maiden with Bruce. Anthrax with Bush is completely different than Anthrax with Joey. Joey and John are two completely different singers. That's what anthrax wanted. John doesn't sound like Joey doing old Anthrax and Joey doesn't sound like John doing his era.

I agree with all that but I still don't think it explains why Scott and Charlie are against it so much. (not that I expect you to explain it) Bon and Brian never sounded the same but even if the AC/DC formula was there they didn't shy away from the songs. There is a number of others who did it as well, including Anthrax and Joey sings some of those songs. I think Scott and Charlie just have their heads up their arses :)

I agree SOWN is the best...which is why Joey can't sing the songs! :)

Fixed that for you :)

What makes you think Joey has any say in anything?

I don't think he does. :p

But on a more serious note I seem to remember reading somewhere when Joey came back that he was coming back as hired help not as the partner he once might have been and therefore not having a say could be quite true.

I agree with all that but I still don't think it explains why Scott and Charlie are against it so much. (not that I expect you to explain it) Bon and Brian never sounded the same but even if the AC/DC formula was there they didn't shy away from the songs. There is a number of others who did it as well, including Anthrax and Joey sings some of those songs. I think Scott and Charlie just have their heads up their arses :)

Fixed that for you :)

I don't think he does. :p

But on a more serious note I seem to remember reading somewhere when Joey came back that he was coming back as hired help not as the partner he once might have been and therefore not having a say could be quite true.
Lol, that was all for Vomit.