Anthrax V. Iron Maiden

... To me he was just strange but Maiden had Eddie, 'Deth had Vic, Motorhead had Snaggletooth, therefore 'Thrax needed something so they chose goofy and strange rather than something metal :)
Anthrax is a special One, You know, They have something different. I Love them for that.
Notman is Not metal, because is a part of this''special''side of Anthrax. Maybe from their HxC side.

Last edited:
Suggesting something is "special" is not automatically a good thing.

Blaze was almost a clone of Bruce, his voice, his presence on stage, nearly everything about him from his days with Wolfsbane was a carbon copy of Bruce, deliberate or not. Many media of the day even commented along the lines of there being no other logical replacement in the world for Bruce. Whether than means he was entirely up to the entire job is a different kettle of monkey guts.

John on the other hand was not a carbon copy and therefore change occurred, that change was not accepted by everyone. Despite the fact that John was brilliant in his own right he wasn't what Anthrax fans were used to. He never sung Joey's songs like Joey could and they probably didn't ask him too.

I don't remember anyone mentioning the term sub-par replacement.