Anthrax V. Iron Maiden

I agree with all that but I still don't think it explains why Scott and Charlie are against it so much. (not that I expect you to explain it) Bon and Brian never sounded the same but even if the AC/DC formula was there they didn't shy away from the songs. There is a number of others who did it as well, including Anthrax and Joey sings some of those songs. I think Scott and Charlie just have their heads up their arses :)

Fixed that for you :)

I don't think he does. :p

But on a more serious note I seem to remember reading somewhere when Joey came back that he was coming back as hired help not as the partner he once might have been and therefore not having a say could be quite true.
Perhaps it's for solidarity after the way they've treated Joey. To help let him know that they do want him there? They did the opposite of keeping quite when John came in. They, especially Scott trashed Joey a lot.

Reactions: Slammed
Perhaps it's for solidarity after the way they've treated Joey. To help let him know that they do want him there? They did the opposite of keeping quite when John came in. They, especially Scott trashed Joey a lot.

I don't know if we ever found out the complete truth behind Joey's departure, only varying stories from varying mouths over varying time spans. I think Scott's vocalness(?), vocality(?) vocalability(?)....the amount of time he has flapped his gums over the years has been a big part of why I'm sick of him and could happily shove a cannonball up his arse with a barge pole.

Reactions: redfly
I never saw the Metal Show.
But I have heard varying stories over the years. I used to keep all the radio interviews that we did and other radios stations down here did and I'm sure I heard Scott give about 10 different reasons for Joey's departure, although some of them may have been small things that all added up to something bigger.
However it could just be the fact that I think Scott is a dick.

For the record I miss a lot of those Bush era songs from the live set. There are some absolute ripper songs.
I honestly think whilst having a completely different vocal style Joey could do his own take on some of those songs. We know he did Only previously but I'd be keen to see him have a stab at a few others.

Not sure if this is a DLR refusing to do Hagar era VH situation. Joey seems like a pretty reasonable guy.

A few years ago I posted an interview on youtube that I recorded off of headbangers ball back then where Charlie stated exactly why they got rid of Joey. I just looked through my channel trying to find it but it's not there so it was probably pulled for copyright. Anyway what Charlie said when asked why, and I quote..."Joey is a great singer, but we felt that his voice didn't have enough "hmmph" to it." May or may not be the real reason, but that's what he said.

scott takes a lot of ownership for the decision, he was not in a great place in his personal life, explains it better in his books think joey was the scapegoat

scott takes a lot of ownership for the decision, he was not in a great place in his personal life, explains it better in his books think joey was the scapegoat

Yeah pretty much this ^

Scott's book "I'm the Man" gives some really good honest detail about the whole matter.

A few years ago I posted an interview on youtube that I recorded off of headbangers ball back then where Charlie stated exactly why they got rid of Joey. I just looked through my channel trying to find it but it's not there so it was probably pulled for copyright. Anyway what Charlie said when asked why, and I quote..."Joey is a great singer, but we felt that his voice didn't have enough "hmmph" to it." May or may not be the real reason, but that's what he said.
That pretty much jives with Scotts bird comment from that metal show. He said they had a bird but wanted a lion. It wasn't too much later they got Joey back.

Iron Maiden won a Grammy their easy going and much more sound pleasing. Anthrax is more awesome and complex, but the usual award is present with Iron Maiden. So far Anthrax is in nominations.

I guess you missed my point. Iron Maiden has NO NEED of EVER doing Blaze stuff but Bruce and company do.

Discuss.

And SOWN is arguably the best of Anthrax. Not like "The X Factor".

To be honest after hearing Joey butcher Only I'm actually glad they do not play these songs.

To be honest after hearing Joey butcher Only I'm actually glad they do not play these songs.

Yes, Joey doing Only wasn’t good at all. It’s like he didn’t bother learning the lyrics or the phrasings properly, which is pretty sad given they played this at the big 4 shows in front of huge crowds.

Yes, Joey doing Only wasn’t good at all. It’s like he didn’t bother learning the lyrics or the phrasings properly, which is pretty sad given they played this at the big 4 shows in front of huge crowds.
I think it's possible Joey simply wasn't given enough time. He doesn't really strike me as the petty type. All these years and he's barely said a negative word about what happened. As you say, it was a big crowd. to do that intentionally would have been a bad move. And Only is the song Hetfield complimented them on. I think it's more likely a little last minute butt kissing went on. But I could be very wrong lol.