I can't log IN damn you.

• Thread starter DAMN YOU ULTIMATE METAL YOU CUMB DUNTS!!
  • Start date
Metalized that was the stupidest reply you could have offered. I by no means am a simple user, I've been doing professional web development for 3 years. Both IE and Netscape have security holes, it's just that IE's are more well advertised 'cause everyone hates MS (I don't like MS, either, but I get sick of all the bs). Did you know that in 2001 there were more security holes found in Linux than in Windows 2000? I read this in a report from a company that specializes in computer security (can't remember the name offhand). Most people don't realize this because Linux releases a new version every 2 months with fixes instead of just making you download a patch like MS does. Besides, I wasn't talking about security, I was talking about how the browser renders webpages, and while Netscape does most things right, there are still way too many bugs in it for my taste. If you did any serious web development, you'd soon be sick of Netscape because you always have to hack around its bugs in order to get things to function properly. With IE, it's much simpler, you code it to the spec, and it works like it's supposed to. It didn't used to be this way, but it has been for the last 2 or 3 years.

I'm having the same problem as Poison godmachine, When I try to post on the In Flames board I can't even reply to any messages after it makes me "log in" and never directs me back to the post.....I'm using IE explorer 6 and have cookies enabled and everything

This is the message I get whenever I try to do ANYTHING while logged in
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: Poison Godmachine [logout]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimbob - do you remember receiving a welcome email with a link you had to click? (I may have had it turned off at the time, though:))

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Metalized that was the stupidest reply you could have offered. I by no means am a simple user, I've been doing professional web development for 3 years. Both IE and Netscape have security holes, it's just that IE's are more well advertised 'cause everyone hates MS (I don't like MS, either, but I get sick of all the bs). Did you know that in 2001 there were more security holes found in Linux than in Windows 2000? I read this in a report from a company that specializes in computer security (can't remember the name offhand). Most people don't realize this because Linux releases a new version every 2 months with fixes instead of just making you download a patch like MS does. Besides, I wasn't talking about security, I was talking about how the browser renders webpages, and while Netscape does most things right, there are still way too many bugs in it for my taste. If you did any serious web development, you'd soon be sick of Netscape because you always have to hack around its bugs in order to get things to function properly. With IE, it's much simpler, you code it to the spec, and it works like it's supposed to. It didn't used to be this way, but it has been for the last 2 or 3 years.
Hmmmm... ok, if you say so.

Does the fact that MS doesn't use IIS on its web servers mean anything? :rolleyes: