I cook the best meals around!!!

i finally found the recipe, and some other good ones too! (can you tell i haven't made any of them in ages?) i'm not sending this requested recipe through the UM email or PM system though. you'll have to send me your email address. :p

in the meantime, how about something the whole family can enjoy? :D

Grilled Salmon Steaks

1/4 c white vinegar
2 T lime juice
1 T olive oil
1 tsp chopped cilantro or parsely
1/4 tsp each: paprika, salt, pepper
2 (~6 oz each, or whatever that is in grams, 168?) Alaskan salmon steaks
Fresh spinach leaves
Lime wedges

Combine vinegar, lime juice, oil, cilantro, paprika, salt & pepper; mix well. Marinate salmon in vinegar mixture about 20 minutes turning once after 10 minutes. Broil about 4 to 5 inches from heat (meh, what would that be in cm? 5 or 6?) allowing about 10 minutes per inch of thickness (blaah, ~ 7-8/cm? :guh: ) measured at its thickest part or until fish flakes when tested with fork. (that last part sounds good :lol: )

Remove center bones from salmon or divide into 2 half steaks. Arrange on spinach-lined platter. Garnish with lime wedges. 4-6 servings.

i'd prefer some sort of tasty rice pilaf vs potatos to go along with this. YUM. and maybe some carrots vichy.

you? :)

The oh NicktheClayman thing at the begining was cute :)

Nice recipe, although Im not big into fish, salmon I must say can be pretty good.

As a side dish I would probably steam some rice with fish or chicken stock, after the rice is cooked I'd fry it with a little bit of butter, garlic, and maybe shallots. You could throw in a bay leaf to the stock when your steaming. :D

Nick

BROWNIES
2 c sugar
1 c butter or margarine
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
1-1/2 c flour
3/4 c cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 c peanut butter chips
1/3 c butter, softened
3/4 c peanut butter
1/3 sugar
2 T flour
2 eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla

FROSTING
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
3 T butter
2-2/3 c confectioners sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3/5 tsp vanilla
4 to 5 T water

BROWNIES
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9x2 pan. In large bowl cream 2 c sugar and 1 c butter until light and fluffy. Add 2 tsp vanilla and 4 eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off. Gradually add 1-1/2 c flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt to creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips. In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and 1/3 c butter. Add 1/3 c sugar and 2 T flour, blend well. Add 2 eggs and 3/4 tsp vanilla; beat until smooth. Spead 1/2 the chocolate mixture in prepared pan. Spread all of peanut butter mixture over chocolate layer. Spread remaining chocolate over peanut butter mix. Gently cut through layers to marble. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center and brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely.

FROSTING
In medium saucepan melt chocolate and 3 T butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in confectioners sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp vanilla, and water until frosting is smooth; spread over completely cooled brownies. Cut into bars.

you can catch a great sugar buzz on this this high-fat, high-glucose brownie recipe. :D

Nick: will check for any possible private messages shortly. :)

edit: d'oh! :loco: