I cook the best meals around!!!

Hahaha surely you jest Warkwick. I'd cook something like roasted beef tenderloin with roasted tomato salsa, and potato cheese galette. I think it is a pretty good show of what I usually cook. Maybe a nice bottle of Ruffino Ducale - Tan Label, Chianti Classico Reserva vintage 1980, I think it would accompany the beef rather nicely.

If you are challenging me, then I graciously accept. :D

Your lucky I like your music so much. :mad: :mad:

Nick

:lol: at this entire thread. It's funny we're all sharing recipes. I may dig up a few of my own.

Speaking of which, I don't really know how to cook. Well, I do, it's that I haven't practised it for a long time. I'd also rather drink.

@Nick, Warwick: I bought recently Nanny's Ogg Cooking Book, and soon, with practice and the manual (if I ever learn to start a fire on my cooker) I will beat down the both of you as the best cook ever on this planet...we'll be able to do the contest then, Chicago, Gothemburg, Barcelona...and the best of us will, undoubtably, be me ;)

fathervic (it's a matter of time...chatteau) :p

Originally posted by NicktheClayman
Hahaha surely you jest Warkwick. I'd cook something like roasted beef tenderloin with roasted tomato salsa, and potato cheese galette. I think it is a pretty good show of what I usually cook. Maybe a nice bottle of Ruffino Ducale - Tan Label, Chianti Classico Reserva vintage 1980, I think it would accompany the beef rather nicely.

If you are challenging me, then I graciously accept. :D

Your lucky I like your music so much. :mad: :mad:

Nick

hmm,that`s a nice boce`that you have there,im wery much in to the mexican kitchen ! alot of hot pepper and collors in the food,and of course vegies,good and crispy..+ nudles,you can do alot of good thing`s with them!
and i prefer a nice smooth havanna cigar to go with that,and a brandy..mmmmmmmmmm:Smokin: :Smokin:

I really dont cook mexican much either, but its not a difficult recipe and its really good, I can give it to you if youd like :).

Not a fan of thyme or red peppers. I feel thyme is a really
fragrant, almsot too over powering herb, I'd much rather use something like lavender, or maybe some flat leaf parsley. I am also not a fan of red pepper b/c I dont like things to be too spicy, if your making a meal for a bunch of people and they dont like spicy food it can be a disastre, well if your working at a restaraunt thats ok b/c you have an extensive menu, but if your planning a party or something I dont think its a good idea, I try to make simple foods that everyone can enjoy. I believe thats the reason why I cook Italian most of the time, b/c its flavorful, and alot of the cooking is simple (not saying I wouldnt like a challenge). The lamb is good, lamb is a pretty good meat, very flavorful, and garlic is my favorite :D.

And Im still kicking your ass in a cook off. :p

Nick(DAMAGE DONE)

I also have this good Sangria recipe.

3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons (3 splashes) spiced dark rum
3 tablespoons orange liqueur
1 navel orange, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
2 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
3 ripe plums, cut into wedges
2 cinnamon sticks
1 bottle Rioja
Sparkling soda water, for topping off glasses of sangria at table

Nick

Originally posted by FatherVic
@Nick, Warwick: I bought recently Nanny's Ogg Cooking Book, and soon, with practice and the manual (if I ever learn to start a fire on my cooker) I will beat down the both of you as the best cook ever on this planet...we'll be able to do the contest then, Chicago, Gothemburg, Barcelona...and the best of us will, undoubtably, be me ;)

fathervic (it's a matter of time...chatteau) :p

I highly doubt it, your not a sexy chef super stud like us. :p :p

Nick

Next on Iron Chef...

NicktheClayman

avnicktheclayman.jpg

VS.

Warwick, the Swedish Chef

SwedishChef_s.jpg

Originally posted by warwick
maybe me and nick could do a tour with those pic´s on the poster???

metal coocking aroung the wourld tour 2003
what do you think nick?

Is Finland included in "the world"? It seems I have forgotten. But if YES, I'll be there watching/eating!

-Villain (sometimes in doubt about geography)

@Warwick, :lol: :lol: That'd be great :lol:, I think when you come to Chicago I'll make poster and sit in the front row with it, it should say something like "Micke I'll kick your Swedish ass, I challenge you to a cook off!!" Seriosuly if I got a chance to cook for DT it would be great. :D

Nick

The November's Doom board had an Emeril thread, ut it's kinda defunct now.

And Matthais, is this method of a guy cooking OK? bludgeon animal to death, skin it and sell the fur, use the money tpo buy beer, then light the carcass on fire.

I actually like cooking. I've whipped up meals with random stuff round. Try mixing Healthy Choice Alfredo sauce with half a stick of butter, simmer it and add cooked egg noodles. simple and great. I also made a recipe for microwave Shrimp scampi:
Take shrimp and spread them out on a plate
microwave a stick of butter until melted (30 seconds)
mix in some garlic
pour over shrimp and microwave until done

no time for more now :(

oh you'll be laughing alright. :D

a'right. i'll have to find it though, i'm still low-tech with my recipes. it's written down on an index card somewhere. :lol: