I didn't throw this out here.. but.. :)

scooterSST

Feb 3, 2004
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com
I'm gonna be a dad :heh:

We found out a couple of months ago, it's our first child. I'm excited, scared, you name it I'm it.

We've passed the first couple of big milestones (APP Blood test, and the Nuchlo Fold test) and just passed into the second trimester, we find out the sex next month....

We found out a couple of months ago, it's our first child. I'm excited, scared, you name it I'm it.

We've passed the first couple of big milestones (APP Blood test, and the Nuchlo Fold test) and just passed into the second trimester, we find out the sex next month....

BIG CONGRATS! I have 3 boys...It is amazing as well as a permanent life changing experience! Be prepared (you'll know what I mean in time)! Best of luck and when your baby is born you will find out what the true meaning of Love is!! All the best!

Scooter, congrats man! My wife and I found out recently that we're going to be parents as well. We're not as far into the process that you are though. Actually, I'm not that scared or anything. I tend to worry more about money, but I always do that regardless! I want my wife to be able to stay at home with our child, so we're in "super savers" mode right now. Needless to say, there will be no ProgPower for me this year, but I'm not too sad about it. At this point, I just want a healthy baby! :kickass:

~Brian~

Congratulations, Scott.

I'll bet you will have your kid doing spin kicks and takedowns before he or she is 2!

Ken

Y'know, my wife and I have already had this discussion.. and if my son or daughter wants to get involved in the martial arts, that's great, if they don't that's ok too... same thing with music (BUT.. they will have a backup plan)

Scooter, congrats man! My wife and I found out recently that we're going to be parents as well. We're not as far into the process that you are though. Actually, I'm not that scared or anything. I tend to worry more about money, but I always do that regardless! I want my wife to be able to stay at home with our child, so we're in "super savers" mode right now. Needless to say, there will be no ProgPower for me this year, but I'm not too sad about it. At this point, I just want a healthy baby! :kickass:

~Brian~

Money is a huge issue, but I'll make it work regardless of what I have to do.. we were concerned about Down's Syndrome because of my age (44), but all the tests show negative... I don't think Mandy's gonna be able to be a stay at home Mom, unless I can break 100K/year again. She's already looking into daycare close to her office..

Progpower is out of the question this year, it's too close to the due date. I know exactly what you mean about just wanting a healthy baby :)

we were concerned about Down's Syndrome because of my age (44), but all the tests show negative

The man's age generally doesn't have much of anything to do with trisomies (such as Down Syndrome)... generally, it's the woman's age that causes the problem to occur. It has to do with the fact that the meiotic division of chromosomes screws up in egg cells as a woman ages, but not so much in sperm cells as a man ages. If Mandy was 44, her chance of having a Down Syndrome child would be roughly 1 in 35. Your chance of causing that problem at the same age would be about 5% of that figure, or 1 in 700.