I feel very musically intimidated by this group, but here goes:

CGord

Aug 2, 2006
AZ, USA
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=570498

Constructive criticism wanted! I'm very new to recording, & am starting out on the cheap, using a Line 6 RiffTracker I bought a couple of months ago. Some of the guys on the Seymour Duncan boards have been helpful with suggestions to improve my sound, so I'm looking for more of the same.

The songs are sorted to play from newest to oldest, with the newest one completed last night. It's a bit of a stretch for me to call them "songs", it's more like a couple of 4 or 8 bar riffs strung together for three minutes or so. "Digital Belch" is probably my favorite so far in terms of construction; I've been happiest so far with the guitar sounds on "Intriplicate" & "Scatterbrain".

I said I was intimidated in the title, because after listening to a lot of you guys, you sound like full-on professionals both in the recorded sound & playing ability, but I gotta start somewhere.

Oh yeah. If you think "No, My Name Is NOT Edward" is a fucking joke, you're right. :D

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

No need to feel intimidated! I'm not "one of those people" to which you refer (professional or semipro), but I'm listening to your stuff now and diggin' it! Really nice groove you've got there. :headbang: Your mixes sound pretty damn good for just starting out. The only suggestion I can offer at this point is to keep with it! You're definitely on the right track.:kickass:

"No, my name is NOT Edward." Hahahaha! Sounds like Prince meets Guitar Center wankery.

Thanks for the kind words!

All the drums are from the RiffTracker; it comes loaded with a few, & you can purchase more patterns from Line 6's site. Which is good, becasue the as-supplied ones were nowhere close to what I wanted. At this stage of this hobby for me, I like that there's no real drum programming involved with this setup. I select the bpm & the specific pattern, & then I get to play guitar!