Is anyone else here as narrow minded (musically) as I am?

I am just about open minded to anything and generally like anything aslong as it's not hip hop/rap and that emo/metalcore.

I listen almost exclusively to all kinds of metal (metalcore included), but listen marginally to classic rock, catchy modern radio hip-hop, 90's alt./grunge rock (AIC, Soundgarden), progressive rock, dark ambient, and harsh noise.

I listen almost exclusively to all kinds of metal (metalcore included), but listen marginally to classic rock, catchy modern radio hip-hop, 90's alt./grunge rock (AIC, Soundgarden), progressive rock, dark ambient, and harsh noise.
That's pretty broad taste, mainly due to the mainstream hip hop and classic rock. If there were a genre aside from metal that was dark and serious, and dealt with subject matter other than girls/relationships, I might like it.

Well, I don't listen to either of those "actively"...if you ever went to my last.fm, you would think all I listened to was metal (mainly cuz it pretty much is, when I'm on here at least...).

Ever tried any real goth rock?

I like Metalcore, but not shit bands like It Dies Today and Norma Jean. But, I also listen to Death, Black, Power, some Gothic, and Thrash, some more than others, but I'm open minded. As for non-metal, I like Post-Hardcore, Hardcore, Hard Rock, some Jam bands, and yeah, I like Rap. Along with my Johnny Cash, but that's as far as country goes for me.

Metal seems such a huge genre with so many sub genres, so I can understand how someone might stick within metal.

I did that for hiphop about 5 years ago, it put me off music for like a year, as I got burnt out and bored :( But I imagine metal could be doable.

These days I listen to Post rock, metal, electronic, ambient, idm, and a little modern classical stuff. I was almost 100% sure I would never listen to metal, back when I wasn't open minded with music. Now I love it :D

Nobody stands metal I listen to, only my brother. I like to isolate myself from everyone else with my headphones.

Sounds kind of like my situation. My brother is the only one who is interested in what I listen to (metal wise). I show him metal, he shows me great stuff like Slint, Joanna Newsom etc..
As for the headphone remark, I do that also.

I've become quite sheltered in my taste since acquainting myself with the greateness of early 90s DM and BM, though I also enjoy listening to apocalyptic folk, some darkwave and ambient. Post-rock seems tempting enough to delve into next.