Anyone compose on here?

One piece of advice.......use guitar pro!! Its a bit weird at first but once u'r used to it it's great. I've written HEAPS of stuff on it though most of my stuff is less than 20 bars cos I find it hard to expand on ideas :S. Btw, I jam to your church of the machine tab too 1by4by9 ;). Its a fun song.

If anyone wants to do a joint composition then I'm up 4 that. I've got a few ideas on gpro that I like.

I just downloaded guitarpro, and so far it seems pretty cool. I might be spending some hours in the next few weeks using this to get my band´s songs on paper.

MrFast said:
Because you probably only type that way. I converse that way in person, even with my parents and teachers, I pwn them all with my Uber 1337 5p33cI-I []D0\/\/3R []D\/\/I\I4G3 and with my 'nade sk1ll5. It's at a point that other people I know or people at school started calling people n00bs and say "It PWNS!" like FPS Doug whenever they want to express their opinion on something they like.
LMAO you watch Pure Pwnage!!!! It's no wonder why you talk like that. That has to be in my top 10 favorite shows ever! Trust me, I call everyone I don't like a n00b, my friend is a definite 1337 CS:S player and we always say things like "lol omg n00bs why are you pwn3d so easily lmao wtf!" saying it exactly like that, letters and all. My favorite phrase is "Oh my gaw, n00b." I don't pronounce the d because I feel 13373r when I say it. It is a habit I should stop though... imagine saying it when you're 70 or something? Sad...

On to the topic again, please.

i don't have a band, but i compose music. hopefully it will be somewhat different than what gets composed in the metal world these days. and hopefully in a few weeks i'll have something ready.

TheMetalMan said:
Yeah, that stuff is alot more difficult

I actually am quite knowledgeable about music theory (as I probably should, seeing as I´m starting my first year at conservatory this year). Somehow I just can´t get the stuff in my head on paper... Ah, well. You can´t have everything... :p

Nah, modern classical requires no theory. All you need to do is write random notes, and you're pretty much on par with most modern classical composers. :lol:

Good call, modern classical stuff sucks.

I saw a lot of talk about Guitar Pro here. Anyone have version 5? It fucking rocks; they fixed a few minor things that resulted in a HUGE improvement.

Hi guys first post here. I love symphony x and have pretty much dedicated all my practice time to writing suites on the piano. I also play guitar, but really have a mastery in piano. Tell me what you guys think of my compositions

www.myspace.com/yankeeabe

yankeeabe - I'd love to, but I loathe myspace with a fiery passion. None of the downloads EVER work for me, and I can't/don't want to stream tracks. Got your tunes somewhere else?

OfSinsAndShred said:
Good call, modern classical stuff sucks.

I saw a lot of talk about Guitar Pro here. Anyone have version 5? It fucking rocks; they fixed a few minor things that resulted in a HUGE improvement.

Does it suck because you can't actually get it or does it suck because you believe it does not require a high level of knowledge and expertise?
I'm not being offensive, it's just that I totally disagree. Modern music is large, ranges from say Stravinskij to Messiaen to Varese and many others.
Can't just say it sucks and get away with it. :)

I have at least 8 major pieces that I would say are complete i have on finale from choral pieces to piano sonatas and solo guitar pieces but have only had 3 played but never recorded and I this semester at my college i will have my choral piece played and my guitar solo.

hey dude your winter of persephone sounds kind of like a cross between bach and mozart especially the end. I like nice slow feel at has its funny because on my pieces I almost always end up making them really fast.