Is anyone else here as narrow minded (musically) as I am?

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
It seems that almost everyone here listens to some other genre of music along with metal. I only listen to metal, save for a couple hardcore and punk bands that I happen to like, but still very rarely listen to. I just can't get into any pop, country, jazz, blues, rock or alt-rock, and especially not hip hop. Hell, I can't even get into Led Zeppelin or anything of the like. Techno without words can sometimes be ok, but I wouldn't listen to it on my own, and the same goes for classical music (though I can see the great substance and genius involved in the composition of classical music). I am not ashamed of being this musically narrow minded. Anyone else here as limited as I am in their taste?:kickass:

I have only metal on my comp, I have only metal on my mp3 player. I don't listen to other music as metal when I am alone. Only rn'b when I am with my girfriend. She listens to rn'b and black hip hop so I must to ;) I like some of Opeths ballads and I rarely listen to rock and that's it.

I have only metal on my comp, I have only metal on my mp3 player. I don't listen to other music as metal when I am alone. Only rn'b when I am with my girfriend. She listens to rn'b and black hip hop so I must to ;) I like some of Opeths ballads and I rarely listen to rock and that's it.
Oh, when you're with your gf, it doesn't count, as it is her music. When I go out to bars/clubs, all they play is hip hop, but that sure as hell isn't saying that I listen to hip hop. So, yeah, you seem to be pretty much just like me in terms of the "metal only" stance.

Nobody stands metal I listen to, only my brother (he likes early Dimmu Borgir). I like to isolate myself from everyone else with my headphones.

I just have my own music vision and an idea about what I want to hear. I do not try to force myself to like something. Everyone is close minded in a sense where they have their own ideals on what is music or not.

Metal is the only modern music I listen to, along with a very small amount of ambient. I find it hard to believe you don't enjoy any classical, I'd have thought all metal enthusiasts would.

I mainly listen to metal, but I enjoy jazz, classical, ambient based music, solo strings, orchestra pieces, a cappella, chamber music, old style chants...this basically goes into any folky type stuff.

I just can't stand most hip-hop. There are some good rappers out there, but the typical rhythmic beat just doesn't suit me too well.

Techno and pure industrial shit can kiss my ass.

metal, folk, and classical. by god the rest of it can eat my shit.
I hate everything that goes along with rap and hiphop.
country music... holy shit!
bonjovi, boston, kansas, journey... other than that, rock sucks. ACDC can jump off a cliff.
and techno... when I lived in SC, thats all I heard. I wanted to take a power drill to my ears

Basically all I listen to nowadays is death metal and black metal, I used to really be into Nu Metal and the rap videos on BET when I was a teenager but I'd rather listen to Death or Black anyday over that. Trance/Techno can be good at times but I don't pay attention to the rap scene anymore, I seem to have grown out of rap the past couple years so now the only albums I buy now are death or black. I still like Rap but not enough to listen to it regularly and buy albums, too much good death/black metal for that. :)

I listen to a lot of punk but I rarely spend money on it (with the exception of early Misfits because they have been and still are one of my favorite bands). I enjoy other genres of music as well but I can't get into it like I can metal.

Nah, I have alot more than just metal that I like. I'll listen to anything from metal (duh) to alt. rock, emo, crust punk, classical, jazz (occasionally), pop, country, rap, some ambient, etc.

One of my favorite bands for example is Our Lady Peace, so nah - I'm not as narrowminded musically, I have to have more than just metal really.

yES. I'm just as close minded as you. I have exactly 5 non metal CDs, and a handful of non-metal MP3's. To be honest, I find everything I need within metal; if music starts to grate on me during a car journey, I listen to BBC radio 4, which absolutely rules - I've listened to it since I was 8 yrs old (the radio station that is - it's spoken documentary / drama only, no music).

I get the sneaking suspicion that the close minded attitude is further evidence of my social retardation.