Is anyone else here as narrow minded (musically) as I am?

you are trying to teach me about hip hop, a genre that i have listened to (admittingly on and off) since I was 7? are you fucking kidding me? :rolleyes: and then you have the audacity to call me a racist?

nice job mentioning some of my favorite rappers there nas, tupac, gangstarr, wu tang etc...

I wasn't talking about space rap. I was talking about shit like blackalicious, jedi mind tricks, kool keith, army of the pharaohs, wu tang clan (though they are very popular), big daddy kane, aceyalone, etc... Underground hip hop is NOT "space" rap, I have no idea who told you this. That's just a small part of the genre.

you sound like one of those morons who thinks all underground metal is satanic bullshit. Get a fucking clue

Don't feed the troll Dave.

there's plenty of "real" hip hop fans, they are generally hippy looking white kids (or white kids like mort divine). Teh black people are more content with hearing the same old bullshit about bitches and hoes.

like I said before, black people are afraid to be original. my point exactly. fuck whoever said I was a moron, cause the writing's on the goddamn wall. another example: I've never met a black satanist before. its all "jesus this and jesus that", no sense of shattering stereotypes, just the same old song and dance.

I would pay to see this on stage.

see what? you're not implying I'm stupid, are you? I live in Youngstown, a very backwards ass cheap my pals (as opposed to honest, cultured, intelligent black folks) infested town with hardly any underground culture to speak of.

The fact that you're projecting your personal encounters onto the rest of civilization as a whole isn't exactly indicative of an unrecognized genius laying dormant in your mind.

maybe in a larger city its different, but not around here.

And so from that (even admitting that it might be different elsewhere) you can logically deduce that "black people are afraid to be original?" Because you've never seen a black satanist, you can deduce that there are no black satanists, and thus black people are afraid to be original? How does joining a group as part of your identity make you original? Do you think satanists are original? Satanism is an identity, and identities are things that you have in common with other people, which is the antithesis of originality.

well then tell me why most black people listen to hip-hop, whereas white people don't have a central musical identity?

To be honest, I don't think only listening to metal makes you narrowminded. It has more to do with how you view things that will make a person narrowminded. I listen to whatever I like, regardless of the genre. However a style like R&B has a 0% chance of me liking it because I strongly dislike many elements that are 'standard' or present in it.

Listening to anything created by someone else doesn't in any way make you original.

now you're just splitting hairs. so you're saying in order for everyone to be original, they must make their own music and listen to it exclusively? that's absurd.

listening to any music does not make you special or more significant or superior to anybody else. Your mindset is fucking pathetic, Being a fan of extreme music doesn't make one any more intelligent or original in any way. I'd suggest you get your head out of your ass.

You have no means of testing the validity of that hypothesis, so it's a pointless statement, and even if it was found that there is a higher percentage of black people who are "narrowminded" than other races, that would be an empty statement, because "narrowmindedness" cannot be proven to be a "black" trait merely through proliferation.

also considering the fact that he has done no research and has had very limited exposure to blacks outside of his very few personal experiences and his "hypothesis" is clearly worthless.

You have no means of testing the validity of that hypothesis, so it's a pointless statement, and even if it was found that there is a higher percentage of black people who are "narrowminded" than other races, that would be an empty statement, because "narrowmindedness" cannot be proven to be a "black" trait merely through proliferation.

I guess I should just chalk it up to my experience living here in Buttfuck Ohio. but you can't disapprove that notion either. I bet neither of us have been all around the world and have experienced various cultures throughout. I think its just a matter of personal experience. I mean things may be different for you in Jersey and I guess thats ok.

Ive given most styles of music a shot, and I listen to quite a bit more than metal. However, metal's the only genre I $upport right now, i'm sure i'll tire of metal eventually and move on to other genres. Rap was a phase I went thru and for some reason the style of music doesn't sit well with me anymore. I can't listen to it at all, and I grew up on it. there's nothing wrong with having narrow tastes if you've given other types of music a chance, shit isn't for everyone.

I found some music in just about every genre of music that I like except for songwriters. Songwriters are way overrated and in my opinion they are as boring as blah. But imo metal is the best out of every genre.

Stereotypes are often terrible portrayals of a certain culture or lifestyle, but there is some truth to it as they aren't generated out of nothing. I admit I do get the impression that black people preferably listen to rap/hip-hop over metal, prefer basketball over hockey, and for example, if you watch boxing, black boxers tend to hold more faith in their religion. To deny this is ignorant, but at the same time it obviously doesn't amount to absolute truth.

In saying this, I think its a lot easier to stereotype a non-white race. Partially do to the fact that 'white people' are often mixed with more cultural background than say asians, natives or black people. And I mean this in a way that there really aren't as many pure white people as there are pure asians etc. I live in Canada btw.

Half the black people on my campus act like retards...and they dress like 50 cent. The other half are from Africa, and are quite cool guys.

I found out some motherfucker attacked a WWII veteran today as he was trying to steal his car...I'm so fucking pissed right now. Punched him in the skull more than ten times...
FuckYouPissedOff.gif

I found some music in just about every genre of music that I like except for songwriters. Songwriters are way overrated and in my opinion they are as boring as blah. But imo metal is the best out of every genre.

Songwriters isn't a genre, but that's only the beginning of what's wrong with your post.

The promo sticker on your avatar ist tr00 kvlt...

Are these "backpack" rappers white, or just the fans? Not that it really makes any difference.

Some of the backpack rappers are white, actually the big majority of them are - Eyedea (for the record I've never heard a better freestyle/battle rapper than Eyedea), Slug, Sage Francis, Aesop Rock, Mac Lethal, etc. but there are a few like k-os and Pigeon John that're black. I've found that the fans are mostly white.