The Roundhouse Tapes... who else is excited as I am?

@Samsara: I don't understand why you moved the 1st impressions thread here. Anticipation and reaction threads should be kept separate, don't you think?

Consider it a pavlovian reaction. I try to keep things orderly and am in a habit of seeing multiple threads about the same subject... and considered this a continuation of the same theme... but a "Reaction" thread and an "Anticipation" thread isn't a bad idea really... I would expect this thread to drop into oblivion perhaps then.

whatev... sorry.

:saint:

On the last page of the booklet it says something like "all music written and performed by Opeth with exception of 'Through pains to heaven' (Popol Vuh)" :err:
When did they play this?

Can anyone else hear a distant sound from the right headphone while listening "in the night and the silent water" at about 9.24-9.25. Sounds like its a horn or something and maybe coming from the audience.

Can anyone else hear a distant sound from the right headphone while listening "in the night and the silent water" at about 9.24-9.25. Sounds like its a horn or something and maybe coming from the audience.

I have no idea how you managed to hear that without knowing it's there. It sounds more like feedback from the guitar or something. Don't think you'd be able to hear a horn over the top of all of that. :p

I think that's coming from Per's keyboards, but it could also be guitar feedback or something of the like. More than likely though, it's from the keyboards. On another note about TNATSW, I think that Axe's fills at the end are very very tasteful and imo they make it a lot more emotional. It seems like it conveys the anger and sorrow of the ending better.

fränzi;7040997 said:
I have no idea how you managed to hear that without knowing it's there. It sounds more like feedback from the guitar or something. Don't think you'd be able to hear a horn over the top of all of that. :p

Gotta agree, but it definetly sounds like a horn :) I actually have no idea how people record the audio to on live concerts like this...

And NicholasDWolfwood, TNATSW is definetly the greatest song on Roundhouse Tapes. At first I didn't like the growls on the last section, but now it's more like the whispering on the orginal version is boring :)

Vivören;7043771 said:
I'm waiting for the DVD.

Also, I hate the cover. Looks like a Nile cover with the Opeth logo plastered over it.

...not really.

yea the guitar tones are a little digital sounding, but they're not really bad, I still like the overall sound. The only thing I didn't like alot about the album is the clean vox, it sounds like Akerfeldt was sick or something. The growls and everything are badass though.