The Roundhouse Tapes... who else is excited as I am?

Jester-Race

Nov 8, 2006
Kansas.
Not only because I think Opeth are great musicians, I just can't wait to hear another live album by them that's going to be in amazing presentation. Lamentations more than exceeded my expectations for a live album, it was a truly great live cd that had more energy in it than any other live album I think I've listened to. Then they drop the news they are doing this? Hell yeah!

Just look here:

CD1: "When", "Ghost Of Perdition", "Under The Weeping Moon", "Bleak", "Face Of Melinda", "The Night And The silent waters"

Amazing first cd. As long as they have to play, I probably think this is one of the greatest things I've heard come from them in a very long time. "The Night and the Silent Water" live with great quality? Holy shit. Under the weeping moon? Have they even played this song live?

CD2: "Windowpane", "Blackwater Park", "Demon of the Fall"

Holy shit. Starts off with the best song off of Damnation (imo), Another Blackwater Park in a new setting, FUCK YES :headbang: and then one of my favorite songs by them as a finisher? This cd is going to fucking rock.

Anyone else agree or am I just alone here?

When is the release date? At first I heard October, now I'm hearin November...when when WHEN?!?

When is the release date? At first I heard October, now I'm hearin November...when when WHEN?!?

"As previously reported Opeth's live album "The Roundhouse Tapes" will be released in Europe on the 22nd of October and in North America on the 20th of November. Release dates for ROW coming soon."

Taken from the front page of Opeth.com

and YES, I'm excited for this too!

looking forward to it,especially because lamentations was the biggest fucking disappointment in history for me,it´s gonna be nice with a bigger song variation.The dvd-version that is,im not buying the live-cd

Its going to be awesome, hearing Night & The Silent Water in good quality live and Blackwater Park is going to be SWEET!!

I might get the DVD if it gets good reviews, Lamentations was great, but it included a 'making of' video plus the concert so it as like 3 hours. This oneI'm assuming will be considerably shorter.

Are you serious? Lamentations was very lacking in sound! The guitars weren't loud enough and it all sounded too, erm, weak. Not enough power in there. It soudned nothing like when I saw them live last year.

The only thing I disliked about Lamentations was the typical Live camera views.
It's like the director was like, "Hey let's not watch the guitar solo, and zoom in and out randomly at Lopez and Mendez!"

I can understand them wanting to switch the view up, but when there's a solo they should focus on it more...

I don't find myself that excited about The Roundhouse Tapes live album, I'll rather save money for the DVD, which hopefully will come out not only as HD.

If you're considering not buying the cd because you can save som bucks, then you should really get a job :lol:

It costs approx. 31$ here i Norway (weak dollar, as we speak). Guess that more expensive than most of you get it for. But its less than one hour of work, think I can manage that.
I am buying the CD and DVD, no mather what prize they come up with. Though, I am a semi-collector. :)