The Roundhouse Tapes... who else is excited as I am?

the reason i´m not going to buy the cd-version is that i dont want to spoil the great experience of both being able to hear and see the concert for the first time,the second reason is that im not going to spend the little money i have on a cd i wont listen to anyway once i have gotten the dvd

the reason i´m not going to buy the cd-version is that i dont want to spoil the great experience of both being able to hear and see the concert for the first time,the second reason is that im not going to spend the little money i have on a cd i wont listen to anyway once i have gotten the dvd

That is true. Maybe I will wait to buy the cd until next year then, at the same time as the DVD.
I've listened to the cd allready so it wouldn't matter anyway.
It would be ever more sweet, if they released the dvd and cd as one unit.

i mean,and dont get me wrong im not trying to convince anyone or something,just my personal opinion:just because i´m an opeth fan doesn´t mean that i have to think every decision they make is fantastic,nor do i have to buy everything they put out just because theres an opeth sign on it,unless the release is backed up by some motivated reason,which i dont think this whole live-cd is.remember i´m not trying to tell anyone to not buy the cd,it´s just some thoughts of mine

I'm very excited. This will definetly be a treat and something to hold us over for the dvd and finally the next album.

They're wasting cd space by putting a Damnation track on it? Why?

They have enough material to do a 3 cd live album, like Iced Earth did. And if they leave off all the boring stuff like Windowpane, it leaves more room for good stuff like Serenity Painted Death and White Cluster.

No slow shit!

They're wasting cd space by putting a Damnation track on it? Why?

They have enough material to do a 3 cd live album, like Iced Earth did. And if they leave off all the boring stuff like Windowpane, it leaves more room for good stuff like Serenity Painted Death and White Cluster.

No slow shit!

well,that´s kind of an subjective matter,and even if you dont like the song,a softer song can help make a contrast to the heavy songs you like.
and dont forget the extramaterial:)

I don't mind Opeth's slow stuff - apart from the Damnation album. I just think that stuff is boring. It works fine when the band did the mix of slow and heavy on their albums up to Deliverance. But the slow stuff since just isn't very good IMO.

Saying that, I cant stand GR either.

I really like the slower songs, but I have to be in the mood for it. There is no special mood required for Deliverance, Blackwater Park, Still Life, or Morningrise. Ghost Reveries and Orchid are great too, but for whatever reason I don't play those as often. My Arms Your Hearse is an album that I never crave to hear, but once it starts it's damn near impossible to stop it before it's through (maybe that's why I don't crave it, because I know I'll be stuck listening to it for the next hour or so).

I'm looking forward to the dvd. Does anyone else think the bass (on the 5.1) was recorded a little low on Lamentations? Not the bass guitar, but the overall tone - like the bass drum kick seemed a little tame, I didin't feel it in my chest/gut like I do on a lot of concert vidoes. The band sounded tight as hell, but I could have used some more slam. I turn up the bass/subwoofer, but that takes some of the clarity away.

I really like the slower songs, but I have to be in the mood for it. There is no special mood required for Deliverance, Blackwater Park, Still Life, or Morningrise. Ghost Reveries and Orchid are great too, but for whatever reason I don't play those as often. My Arms Your Hearse is an album that I never crave to hear, but once it starts it's damn near impossible to stop it before it's through (maybe that's why I don't crave it, because I know I'll be stuck listening to it for the next hour or so).

I'm looking forward to the dvd. Does anyone else think the bass (on the 5.1) was recorded a little low on Lamentations? Not the bass guitar, but the overall tone - like the bass drum kick seemed a little tame, I didin't feel it in my chest/gut like I do on a lot of concert vidoes. The band sounded tight as hell, but I could have used some more slam. I turn up the bass/subwoofer, but that takes some of the clarity away.

i agree about the bass,at least the kick drum part.i feel it gets a little muddy when mendez plays fast on lamentations,but hopefully thats better on this one.

Are you running the vid in Dolby Digital or DTS? For me, the DD sounds better.

BTW, nice to see another teacher here...:kickass:

I've tried both, I can't tell too much of a difference. Actually the bass sounds the best for me when I go to 2.0 and play it in pro-logic II.

What do you teach? What age kids?

Sorry about the OT everyone else...

@Carl: Well, I'm a stay at home dad now (childcare would barely be paid for on my teacher's salary!). I started out teaching sound for film for an associate's program, and by a weird twist of fate I ended up teaching 8th grade, then I moved to teaching High School a year and a half later. I taught basically everything in the humanities: english/lit, history, philosophy, music. I taught an odd math course now and then, though it hurt my brain. I ended up the humanities dept chair my last year there. That's the nature of small private schools. We did a lot of Socratic seminars, too. I miss being in the classroom, but don't miss the prep or the faculty meetings!

How 'bout you?

I teach health/PE - 9th graders in a junior high. People always give me that "ouch" look when I tell them the age I teach, but I like it. I've been doing it for 10 years now - wow. I also coach varsity track, I've got the high, long, and triple jumpers since that's what I did in high school/college. Pretty good gig, the pay actually is good - (I'm torn between my true political beliefs and the desire to get paid as well as possible as a public school teacher if you know what I mean) :)

The faculty meetings are the biggest waste of time, that's for sure. Every year or two the philosophies change and we have to hear about how we are going to implement the next big, easy fix for all the kids who are 14 and still can't read and comprehend at the same time.

It is nice to be a stay at home dad in the summers, so I know first hand how life is for you right now.