The Roundhouse Tapes... who else is excited as I am?

RT CD and T-shirt bundle came in the post this morning; excellent service even if the postman did wake me up at 0730hrs on a Saturday morning.

First impression of the sound is "WOW". I was at the gig so hearing it again in this quality is superb.

So far, I've only listened to the first two tracks in the car but GOP had me tipping the 100mph mark without realising!

Keith.

Damn, your lucky. I didn't get mine today.....hopefully I'll receive it on Monday.

I got mine on Saturday morning as well. Amazing live set. Mike's voice is incredible, sent shivers down my spine. Fav track has gotta be Blackwater Park (faints... in true fangirl style).

I didn't get them. Actually my mail-order (amazon) now says I'll get it in a week or two wtf
I ordered in advance four weeks ago btw. That sucks!

Receive this morning :
news321-01.jpg

Nothing to add :)

Still waiting on mine to arrive. But i bought the cd on friday over here. I pre-oredered it aswell for the tshirt.

On the back of the shirt you have the back of the CD (Where you could see all the members)
It's pretty good, I like it

Fuck!! it's so god damn good! The production is just crystal clear and everything sounds perfect. I'm liking the T-Shirt as well.

Fuck!! it's so god damn good! The production is just crystal clear and everything sounds perfect. I'm liking the T-Shirt as well.

Yes, the music sounds perfect.
But I think the audience is a bit too loud, it gets annoying hearing 5 ppl roaring "YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHH!!"#!#¤!" in every mellow part. Wish they would've turned down the volume on the crowd just a tad.
But im just beeing picky now, sounds really good overall.

Okay, can those of us who have it talk about the music?

First off, I'm amazed by how fast they whip through GoP! I'm used to seeing them take things slow live. A nice change.

Secondly, Per's keyboard work on the older material is really tasteful and helps fill it out. He was a bit harder to hear when i saw them at the Worcester Palladium and Lupo's in RI. Good stuff.

UTM... "This song has some lyrics that are absolute black metal nonsense..." Love the middle section. I'd love to see them do moreof this.

I'm so glad to hear TNATSW like this! Wow!!! Again, the keys on this are really good.

Finally, the thing that impresses me the most about the album is actually Mendez! His playing is in top form. I don't even know how to explain it, but as I listened I kept thinking that he was playing the hell out of the songs. Again, great licks without losing focus of the song. He grooves like no one's business.

Axe is solid. I have no worries about the next album.

@Samsara: I don't understand why you moved the 1st impressions thread here. Anticipation and reaction threads should be kept separate, don't you think?