I do not own a bass guitar.

clarbaden

Jan 26, 2009
sup dudes, i just wondered if any of you have any substitutes for bass guitar that sound real, i have used pitched guitar, it sounds ok but still dosent have the timbre and tone of a real, is there a process that i can use to make this sound more real? i have also tried vst bass synths which sound like dog shit. does anyone have any suggestions?

I bought mine for $100 and it makes a tremendous improvement. If you know how to use it, it sounds great for the price, no vst can compete with that.

This thread happens a lot. Make friends with a bass player. Get him to play or borrow a bass. Or buy a bass.

THIS!

Honestly this topic comes up at least once a week. It's depressing. Surely there's some metallers out there that are friends with other musicians?

well i'm for getting a bass and learning how to use it, i'm soon to own one again and i now how to use it and want to improve, but on the other hand if you live in a musician vacuum like durham region, ontario, canada, you can't really just get in touch with an available basist. for the kinda stuff i like for bass, cannibal corpse like bass with jazz/funk/slap/pop time playing, well finding that kinda polayer especially for metal, it's pretty fucking hard man.

my suggestion, buy a decent bass and get good at it

hmm, ill have to look in second hand shops or something, trilian is 250 dollars, if i can get a bass for 60 pounds i would be happy