I don't get it...

BoF said:
tsk tsk tsk..... Tag dig sammen mand!

Sidder tilbage, og kan kun give det samme råd..

Anyway, what is dull about Opeth? It takes awhile to get into their material, but once you passed that point, you'll find yourself suddently becoming more or less fanatic - This band is everything but dull and boring.

Comparing Katatonia and Opeth isn't really bad though, at some points..-the riffing from early stuff such as Love of The Swan really reminds me of the riffage from "The Twilight is My Robe" (Opeth), but.. Let's face it, Opeth is progressive death at it's best, while Katatonia are sticking more to the doomy edges of hard rock by now.

:loco: here I thought Danes were reasonable people. Sadly, I own 4 Opeth albums and have given them extensive time, anxiously awaiting this magic Opeth effect to kick in, by now, I'm sure it ain't happening and it's not because I necessarily mind that growl business.

I truly think Opeth is one of the most dull bands around and it's ridiculous how offended Opeth fans get when you point that out. I bet you 2 Danish lads are Kashmir fans as well :tickled: .

Allan said:
:loco: here I thought Danes were reasonable people. Sadly, I own 4 Opeth albums and have given them extensive time, anxiously awaiting this magic Opeth effect to kick in, by now, I'm sure it ain't happening and it's not because I necessarily mind that growl business.

I truly think Opeth is one of the most dull bands around and it's ridiculous how offended Opeth fans get when you point that out. I bet you 2 Danish lads are Kashmir fans as well :tickled: .

Don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or cry... I choose to laugh though :tickled:
We aren't discussing Kashmir now are we? Because I really don't like the music the make, although you have to admit that they've come far even though they totally lack in talent! :Smug:
And hey... jeg er squ ikke fornærmet over din holdning kammerat... du har squ lov til at mene præcis hvad du vil :loco: ligesom min mening omkring andre bands muligvis kunne støde dig (og andre) vælger jeg helt at holde min kæft med mindre jeg har noget godt at sige, og anbefaler dig at gøre det samme! Netop fordi at der ER nogen som ikke lige kan tage at du ikke bryder dig om DERES favoritband (ikke nødvendigvis) Opeth, men de er et godt eksempel nu hvor vi kan se hvor pigesure folk er blever over dine (helt fair, selvom jeg bestemt ikke deler dem) holdninger!
Take care :)

i have trouble getting into some of there stuff but i have respect for them.....oh and did i mention im going to see them live tommarow :) hehe

Allan said:

Well, in case you want to get rid of those albums, you can always get my address..-Haven't got any of them myself..:p

I guess it's just a matter of taste - But still, at least you could give some positive critique instead of just using words such as "dull" and "boring" - That's just about the lowest level of musical intelligence a human being is able to possess - So either change your tone, or change the forum..-Like, to Slayers - That's the sort of behavour you see from them.

About the Kashmir-thing.. Well, I don't really listen to them, but I have to admit that I do have a lot of respect for them, especially since they have actually managed to stay of out the sick danish populated mainstream.

I have to admit that I do have a thing for Mew though - Just because music isn't technically demanding to play, it doesn't mean that the audience can't find it satisfacting - Take a look at Britney Spears for a living, breathing - Although hopefully dead example of this.

Nice thread about Mew (Yes, I bothered to read it all.)

I guess some people just take some things too seriously - But on the other hand, some people have a lack of respect for those people, and their relations to the band, not to mention the music. If people want to make some bands look bad, they should at least do so with a sense of style.. etiquette.

I often find an extreme joy in messing around with fans of Linkin Park and Slipknot.. But.. I don't see what should be fun in actually bashing bands who has got style, soul and integrity.

The Scourge said:
Yeah dude, I would suggest Your Arms, My Hearse. I really believe that album was their greatest accomplishment to date, even more than the "godly" Damnation.
Pity it's called 'My Arms, Your Hearse'.

requiem said:
Pity it's called 'My Arms, Your Hearse'.
Holy hell, I cannot believe that I typed that. But facts are facts, so forgive my hasty post full of no edit-checking. By the way, why do you post this now? Or rather, what are your intentions by doing this? Are you trying to discredit me as being a true fan or fan of that album? Just curious is all.....and maybe more.