I feel like a cheater.

Robbie Nekoda

Oct 17, 2004
I can't stop listening to the tracks on the radio interview Steve & Steve did, posted on the main site.

I feel like I shouldn't, that I should wait for the album, but I just can't resist! :loco:

However, while I'm here, I'll give a brief note on the songs as a whole.

Very heartfelt, I think that's the key phrase here. A certain change after the chorus of Children of the Dream has a bolt of emotion most movie scores can only dream of. Most of the verses of the title track, meanwhile, are similar. The lyric "And no-one knew that magic survived" is just delivered so well!

Oh, and the new main keyboard effect you use for the solos is ace, Steve. :D

The songs, all three that I've heard so far, are growers, but not in the traditional sense. How I see it, a grower is a song that starts a little iffy but appears to get better over time. These songs are similar, except they start brilliant before somehow getting better! :Spin: I think the key is that the more you listen, the more you understand the work and the story and the meaning behind each song.

Children of the Dream, I have to say this, and depending on the band's personal opinions, it could go either way - You take the famous Jump, you bring it into the 21st century, and fuse it with all the awesome ideals of For Evermore (My fave song of Neverworld!) and you get Children of the Dream. I'm gonna have to book driving lessons just so I can listen to CotD the way I feel it was meant to be listened to - cruising down the motorway in the blazing sunshine, in an open-top car, with your shades on. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Find My Heaven - It's so good it knocks me silly. It should be on a movie soundtrack, 'cause it's such a "Let's go and destroy evil - then go for a pint and good times!" song. :cool:

So, there you go, there's my two-penneth. Don't kill me for listening to the radio versions! :cry:

Kill you mate? After those fine words? Not a chance my friend! hahaha!

Really pleased to hear that you are enjoying what you have heard so far....awesome! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the remainder of the songs too!

Phew! Thanks. :D

I just opened the Balzefans Balzine actually, you can bet what's going to be the first review up there. :)

Hei Thanks man!!! It's great to read your thoughts about every track, so I hope you will enjoy also the other songs of the album.
ciao.