I (finally) just got Empiricism

I picked it up last week myself, and while I think Vintersorg's solo stuff, and Otyg are better, this is definitely the best Borknagar I've heard to date... and it's not just because of Vintersorg's vocals either.

I fucking love Empiricism, but I have a real soft spot for Olden Domain. I hated Archaic COurse (I know, I know....) and found Quintessence to be boring. Lets hope that Oystein can keep a cohesive group around long enough to hit their pace.

Yeah, I've got that album too since a couple of days
A very good album I think
It reminds me sometimes to symphonic rock like King Krimson
Gods of my world is a very great song great singing by Vintersorg and bassplaying by Tyr
:)

Their best winter-frost??? A lot of people told me that Olden Domain, Archaic Course and Quintessence were better, but I'm glad this one is considered their best by many it seems! :)

Having just got Perdition city, which I really like Garm's vocals on I was wanting to get an earlier one as well. I can't find anything else with vintersorg in, or solo anywhere :mad: :cry: Damn my lack of a credit card ;)

But its still rocking! As is Arcturus which I also got yesterday!

And Katatonia, and Ulver, and A Candlelight compilation

:D

A lot of people told me that Olden Domain, Archaic Course and Quintessence were better, but I'm glad this one is considered their best by many it seems!

Borknagar haven't got a best album because they are all the best. Every album sounds different and very creative. I think all their albums are great!:)

btw I think the people who think that the the other albums are better haven't listened the new one much. Borknagar isn't accessible when you listen it for the first time, I think. But every time you listen it again you will like it more.

Originally posted by YMIR
btw I think the people who think that the the other albums are better haven't listened the new one much. Borknagar isn't accessible when you listen it for the first time, I think. But every time you listen it again you will like it more.

Yeah, I noticed that! :) I was planning to get my hands on all of them anyway, it's just they're hard to find :cry:

When I see al you americans having so much trouble finding a CD I really consider myself lucky. Europa über alles ( considering metal)
Try mailorder, it's probably also cheaper...

yea i just got this cd yesterday. didnt have trouble finding it. it was at best buy for gods sake... heheh.:cool:
This a very good album with extremely good singing by vintersorg. ive heard some old stuff by borknager and i think this is better. only my opinion though:)

I've fallen in love with "Empiricism", I never
thought I really would, but I have! It's an
awesome album, and I just can't WAIT to
get to see Borknagar live with Vintersorg!
Hearing "The Genuine Pulse" will be the
ultimate thing! :eek:)))