I (finally) just got Empiricism

I love Empricism as well, but I will have to say I prefer Vintersorgs vocals on his solo work than on Borknagar, it just fits much better. But no doubt, Empiricism is in the top 5 of 2k1 :headbang:

I've had Empiricism for slightly over a month now and while I think it's a good album I don't have the appreciation that most of you seem to have.

I haven't really heard a lot of Borknagar before- in fact only a couple of songs, but I bought the new one on a spending spree because I've read so much about it (and heard plenty of positive remarks from fellow board members).

It's definitely a good album, and the vocals are great, especially his clear voice. My only complaint would be that the music sounds a bit 'tinny' at times. The drums in particular don't have much beef to them, but then again I suppose that's their style.

So I think it's a good album, yet I hesitate to place it in my top 5 of last year (especially considering we had releases by the likes of Katatonia, Anthema, Opeth, Emperor etc...)