I fucking hate the internet

VangelicSurgeon

Three Star General
Jul 26, 2002
www.maudlinofthewell.com
my cheaptickets.com tickets somehow got mailed to my old address, where someone signed for them. I think I'm going to have to go over there on Sunday and fucking see who lives there, since apparently I can't get replacement tickets printed up at the airport.

$*%^#$*(%^#$*(@%^@#*$(^%(#*$@%

holy fucking shit ()#@&#^@ did cheaptickets.com actually have your new address but send them in error to the old one??

Amazon.com sent stuff to the wrong address for me once, because when you update your address, it stores your old ones, and you actually have to perform the additional step of selecting which address you want to use. I didn't perform that step. :(

do you have as record (printed) or otherwise that says that they were supposed to ship it to that address???? i am grilling you because this has happened to a few of my clients with cheaptickets.com and i think maybe they really really suck!

no, the email has my old address on it - I wrote cheaptickets and told them about it and they didn't get back to me, the bastards.

it really burns me that some complete stranger at my old apartment signed for my package.

I've been on hold now for almost an hour.

why is that so upsetting? I think I'd sign for a package if it was addressed to my house, assuming it would be easier for whoever it was intended for to come get it than have the company go through a possibly-weeks-long process of shipping it back, contacting the person, figuring out the new address, etc.

here is how i think this shit went down...

the people at josh's old appt, were all "sure i'll sign for this eventhough i KNOW nothing is coming to me"

:: open package ::

"PLANE TICKETS?!?!? SCORE!!!... oh wait, they are to B-more. i have to find who these belong to."

(this is all based on the speculation that the plane tickets are for josh to go see his folks over the holidays)