I now completely and utterly fucking HATE mp3.com

Nagle

poser, not guitarist
Aug 19, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
bathotaxe.com
Fucking assholes took down all the songs BUT 3 of any band that doesn't pay for premium artist priviliges on the site with no warning!

I guess the potential of that happening was something everyone who signs up with them agrees to when registering (they have an online contract where they reserve the right to do whatever they want with your songs on the site, basically) but this still fucking sucks.

I could say something but my friend George just stated my feelings very succinctly so I'll just quote my IM conversation with him:

"i respected that it was a venue in which someone could just publish shit for free. but no, at this point, considering it makes people register and all this crap just to listen, maybe it's better to just host your own mp3s"

Yep, i got lots of notice emails as well! About 3, spread out over a few months i believe. :)

But yeh mp3.com sucks, but there's not too many other options, I think for what they offer they do a pretty good job. I mean, it is free.

This is typical industry incompetence (Mp3.com is owned by Vinvendi Universal) that ruins the experince for both artists and listeners...but as a station manager (Nagle: I added your band a few weeks ago), I do know of a possible loophole...