I got SYL - Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing today

Dave_Mustaine84

Boogies Woogies
Nov 27, 2002
MillPark, Victoria, Australia
RROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

this album is fucking insane!!! i was surprised to see that not the usual SYL line up is on it though.

To me it sounds like a mix of "City" and "SYL", its got that traditional SYL sound to it but it also has that more modernised kinda sound that SYL has, yeah i know HAARHT was Strapping's first album, but it just sounds that way to me.

right now its hard to pick a favourite song as their all so good and aggressive.

also in a way this album makes me think of rob zombie on steroids, its got that cyber appeal but is just so FUCKING AGGRESSIVE and BRUTAL!

it was a steal too at just $18 from JB HI FI, i now only need their live album to complete the Strapping set. :headbang:

Of course it has the traditional SYL sound, it's the first album. It's not a touch on a city though, that album is a classic. I'm going to listen to it now.

thanks for reminding me.

Heavy is an awesome album. As are the the other two studio releases.

And No Sleep 'Till Bedtime is quite funny.

I am quite shitted off that I didn't see SYL when they toured, but exams were more important...

All Hail The New Flesh is awesome, as is that song that starts off with an awesoem buildup on the SYL album, other than that they are pretty boring...

Cyclonus said:
Heavy is an awesome album. As are the the other two studio releases.

And No Sleep 'Till Bedtime is quite funny.

I am quite shitted off that I didn't see SYL when they toured, but exams were more important...
same here I really wanted to go too :(, i missed them in 2002 cause i was too young to get in.

City is fucking awesome. Anyone who doesn't think so........doesn't have to listen to it!

Glad to hear you finally got that album, Terry. S.Y.L. and In the Rainy Season rock my little world.

SYL will be back again and again, so don't worry if you missed them last time. I think I've seen them three times now....

I dont really like SYL at all apart from All Hail The New Flesh and that song that has the line "Give us a reason for coming of war" in it. But I have 3 of their albums. Why is that?

Well, I bought City because Koichi recommended it, so that was my own fault ;)

I bought the new album because when I was in Utopia they were playing it and that song I liked came on and its awesome so I got it and the rest sucks.

I dont know why I have the live album.